Gun school: what does this mean?

Can someone please take me to gun school and explain this anointed effect?

The description says it increases the “status effect damage and chance” but the gun has no status effect so what is it doing exactly? Does this effect work on any gun you have equipped or if not…what am I missing? I assumed these effects only applied to the gun they were on and only when you were holding them so I can’t see what this effect does.

1 Like

I would guess that the anointed perks are assigned on item generation by RNG from a pool of possible effects (much like accessories and elements do). So it seems that you just got unlucky (and the system isn’t smart enough to eliminate nonsensical combinations).

2 Likes

Could still work with a melee amara, the fun you hold isnt that important.

1 Like

some say it is. did you some testing on it?

It would work on grenades you toss I think

2 Likes

That’s kind of what I was leaning towards. Just a bad RNG of stats that made no sense but it made me question that it might work in a different way than I thought. I take it no gun effects work if not actually being used (like from another slot)?

Like @Derch mentioned I guess it could work on nades at least. Still seems like a bad RNG combination regardless.

1 Like

oh yeah you got some hilarious RNG there, like when the slowhand would spawn with a crit prefix.

2 Likes

I was thinking it might work on elemental effects added via your skill tree (eg Moze’s chance to add incendiary damage), but I’m not completely sure about that. Worth playing with, anyway.

And yes, I believe you have to be using the item in question (so much easier when it’s a decent shield!)

1 Like

there are some useless anointments like this

and this

3 Likes

WOW. WTF. What is 12% of 1 bullet anyway? o.O Also, is that shield for real? How is it possible that a shield has 0 for all stats?

1 Like

rough rider it is good for health stacking builds and skills that work when your shields is down. however currently it is bugged since it is consider neither full nor depleted, unless you got a roll of +shield in your perks (cm, artifact, skill).

1 Like

Idk i was watching Derch’s playthrough of his Sheriff Amara, using Jakobs weapons. Idk anything about Amara but she had some skill or augment that gave her elemental dmg of some sort on the jakobs weapons and he was not gaining health from a skill that granted life steal when doing elemental damage. But like i said, idk anything about Amara. Yet.

Yea this is called getting screwed by RNG lol happens to me all the time on the multiple fire switch type weapons. I get iron sights on those so switching fire modes literally does nothing. They built an insanely varied parts system in Borderlands and sometimes you get nonsense like this :confused:

Infusion converts a portion of your gun damage to Amara’s action skill element. Sustainment gives life steal when dealing damage with elemental guns. The elemental damage granted by Infusion does not get the life steal effect from Sustainment.

2 Likes

If this is a triggered effect, which is what it should be based on text, it would work with skills, abilities, talents, grenades, shields ( do I say etc. now?) and anything with these properties. However, this is beta so its probably exactly as useless as someone would initially think and probably only works with itself.