Gunner Community Issue Compendium

Proposition: Change Tenacious Defense to: “You cannot take health damage while your shield is active.” Have this effect also make it so the same damage which breaks your shield doesn’t hit your health. That way Stop Gaps and Rechargers can work with Deathless builds.

Proposition: Make the splash 100% but with a much lower damage bonus.

Proposition: Swap the skills of Mind Sweeper and Blaster Master COMs. Please, seriously, the Mind Sweeper would be WAY better with PtHP and Vamp. And Blaster Master would love bonus points in FitSD.

Also, another problem: All of Moze’s ammo regen skills are reduced when using Launchers. This should either be removed, or stated explicitly in the skills.
Also also, for Means of Destruction: Returns should be guaranteed, with a cooldown based upon the number of points spent on the skill.

1 Like

Nitpicky of me but Blast Master and Fitsd do nothing for each other. Fitsd damage has never been boosted by splash. It’s based only on ‘Gun Damage Boosts’ and fire elemental multipliers.

I didn’t know that!
Thanks!

I’m not sure if it’s a new change or if my previous testing was faulty, but I discovered yesterday that none of Moze’s fire skills receive damage boosts from splash, even if the triggering bullet is buffed by splash.

I was under the impression that Fire In the Skag Den dealt a percentage of any splash damage dealt as bonus incendiary damage.
Is that not how it’s programed?
Does Stoke the Embers not stack with that?
Does dealing more splash damage with a Blast Master COM not increase the incendiary damage?

That all seems really weird and counter-intuitive

FitSD Damage = [ Normal Hit x FitSD % ] x Fire Damage Multiplier x C-C-Combo

Normal hit is the guns card damage times by what people commonly refer to as additive damage, so this is all the SOR gun damage skills, click click and a few gear bonuses.

FitSD % is just the skills percentage bonus damage.

Fire Damage Multiplier is whatever the fires normal buff is verse the hp type, this is then multiplied by [ 1 + Incendiary bonuses ]. Incendiary bonuses include Stoke the embers, elemental projectors and the like.

Stoke the embers at 3/3 will make FitSD deal 30% more damage.

Nope, splash damage multipliers don’t do anything for FitSD.

The following is all 5/5 FitSD with an ogre that deals 654 damage. My guardian rank gun damage is 14.66% and C-C-Combo is active on 1 stack for 2%. I’m going to put normal hit in [ and ] to make it easier to track, as GR isn’t part of normal hit. For some reason C-C-Combo seems to factor in, I’m still lost on this but including C-C-Combo is consistent with all my calculations.

Gun Damage = [ 654 ] x 1.1466 x 1.02 = 764.87
FitSD Damage = 654 x 0.15 x 1.75 x 1.02 = 175.1085

I now add 5/5 Armored Infantry and a dud shield so I now have 15% gun damage active.

Gun Damage = [ 654 x 1.15 ] x 1.1466 x 1.02 = 879.61
FitSD Damage = 654 x 0.15 x 1.75 x 1.02 = 201.37

I then add a Blast Master that has 31% Assault Rifle Damage, and wait the for the bonus splash to max out.

Gun Damage = [ 654 x 1.15 ] x 1.31 x 2 x 1.1466 x 1.02 = 2304.57
FitSD Damage = 654 x 0.15 x 1.75 x 1.02 = 201.37

1 Like

Wow, that is incredibly disappointing.
FitSD says it does incendiary based off of Splash.
Splash goes up, but incendiary doesn’t?
Seems like a bug?

1 Like

The description on the skill is misleading, but technically it isn’t outright wrong.

It doesn’t explicitly say it does bonus fire damage based on splash damage, only that it does bonus fire damage when you do splash damage.

You’d think it would say 15% fire damage based on gun damage though.

1 Like

But it also proc’s off of grenades too though.

That’s true. Maybe why they left out saying gun damage.

Id need to test it but I assume the bonus fire damage only affects the enemy directly hit by the grenade, and not enemies caught in the splash.

Either way I would say this is a prime example of Moze skills having a lot of muddy interactions behind the scenes.
Which unfortunately seems to be a systemic problem she faces.

2 Likes

I don’t even know if grenades direct hits are also splash.

Grenades can be weird. It’s too bad FitSD doesn’t get boosted by splash.

But it really should (if the skill followed the letter of it’s description)

Also, another example of #justMozeThings , the AOE aura damage from Lump Launchers (i.e. before the projectile explodes) can proc Means of Destruction and FitSD.

I’ve noticed that the Shrieking Devil Nova blasts also trigger FitSD

Moved the Moze-specific incendiary damage anointments to a new “Resolved” category in light of today’s buffs.

1 Like

Am I the only one who thinks Moze is somewhat “trapped” to use whatever weapon has an active Splash or Mag anointment until Iron Bear is able to reactivated? I’m paranoid of it to the point that two of the four slots in my Moze loadouts are typically a Shock/Cryo Kyb’s Worth and a Rad/Corrosive Trevanator so that I can deal with most situations that arise while still being able to use an anoint effectively. Could really use some new anointments that activate when switching weapons, like “40% X Damage for five seconds after switching.”

4 Likes

My iron bear has a teddy bear build it’s my protector I also coupled it with an infinity pistol that gains 100% more damage why lion bear is active my iron bear has ice weaponry and since it has two of the same weapon It’s damage was increased but on a side note anyone think they’re just giving random powers to infinity pistols now my father just got one and it reloads his ammo while it’s shooting why the hell would it need to reload its own ammo that doesn’t make any sense it doesn’t use any ammo

I just wanted to point this one here as well

Tl;dr, While playing Slaughter Shaft, Means of Destruction works until it doesn’t; whenever this happens, my ammo caches are ALWAYS empty.
Whenever they give ammo again, MoD starts regen my ammo again.
What gives?

1 Like

I’ve noticed this, shield booster pickups are affected too.

1 Like

No, you aren’t the only one. Call this hyperbole if you want, but in my opinion Moze’s anointments completely ruin the game for me. Combined with her pitiful single sustain skill, she has nearly no variety for end game builds.

I guess I could start another character, but that’s a pretty bad argument. It doesn’t solve how poorly designed Moze is.

They would have to completely overhaul and bug fix so many things about her and IB I really am not optimistic anymore. Considering we’re going on 6 months in and she’s worse than she was in September…

Of course if I’m proven wrong I’d be delighted, but I have no hope left for Moze. It’s bizarre we have the most popular thread here for Moze, yet she gets no attention from Gearbox.

I don’t like to make a big fuss about things often, but I never expected so many months to go by with Moze in this state.

4 Likes