Guys this cannot be normal

Was doing this in splitscreen for me; found that it was all fine until i cleared Joey - but as soon as i turned it in/restarted the mission they would stop spawning entirely on any map - to fix i found swapping between m10 - m11 worked wonders (this was my first idea as i was trying to keep my lucky 7 roll i was using at the time)

1 Like

My favorite is how they constantly go back to the ledge in a near death state, die from my DoT elements and then leave the legendaries up there in a spot that I can’t get them and leave me alone below with the invincible Joey. It’s so much fun!

2 Likes

I went to the Droughts to work the Jacobs vault card mission and the Demonskaggen were carteled up (so was Dumptruck.)

1 Like

This is the build I use:

Skill Calculator • Amara • BL3 | Lootlemon

My COM is a Death’s Blessing with at least one point in Remnant. I use an Infernal Wish for my shield and a Snowdrift Deathless artifact.

1 Like

Nice one. Looks like a pretty sick build. I love the snowdrift items and infernal wish

1 Like

I can’t play without snowdrift…lol… moving between kill zones just seems so slow and tedious without it.

2 Likes

Finally a real raidboss?! … Or bug… Lol!

Bl3 feels like garbage right now! Being cryo sniped from across the map, heavies jumping across the map to one shot slam you in arms race is bs and then shooting ads is regenerating their health! Wtf gearbox!This game isn’t fun to play anymore! Feels like gearbox is going the way of Bungie with Destiny level bs grinding!

1 Like

Quite honestly that sounds more like a build/gear issue than a fundamental game issue? Unless you’re button-mashing through the game’s startup sequence and not allowing time for the current hotfix to apply, which by all accounts does make a significant difference.

Yep, your right! All the problems in this game can be summed up to character builds and bad rng!

1 Like

It’s just that, of all the complaints about this game I’ve seen since the last update and the Cartels event being available again - the latter being what this thread is actually about - the ones you mentioned haven’t figured much, if at all. Either way, they aren’t things I’ve seen :man_shrugging:

Yeah, it’s your build, man. I go down easier than prior to the match, but it hasn’t affected my overall gameplay. I had to adjust my playstyle a bit to compensate for the uptick in ffyl frequency, but I’ve had some of my fastest speed runs with Amara post patch/points.

So @VaultHunter101 has a legit point about your comment.

I’ve run Joey many times over the last couple weeks with Moze, FL4K and now Amara. I think the situation the OP described is more than just build.
I just got off a 30 minute marathon Joey kill with Amara. I’m running a melee build using a Facepuncher and was doing 2-3 mil damage with every shot. There were lulls in the trash spawns when I would spend 3-5 minutes circling Joey at close range, pounding him in the head mag after mag after mag, only to see his bar move a tiny amount. CryptoSec Thor spawned in 3 times during the fight. I didn’t even know he could respawn. I had Josie Byte and Fish Slap for underbosses. They both went down quick and were out of the picture.

This fight made the buffed Trial bosses look like a skag pup fight. I’ve had the usual immunity issues related to the underbosses, but there was no immunity here. Definitely a glitch of some kind.

Edit: It just occurred to me that CryptoSec Thor may the glitch. Joey has immunity until you destroy CryptoSec. If he glitches like Smallums does, then Joey may not fully lose his immunity. It’s just less apparent because shots do not show “Immune” like they do with Smallums and CryptoSec disappears like he was destroyed. :thinking:

3 Likes

I have buffed my Zane up a little bit the last few weeks. Took some ideas from youtube, now he is kind of okayish, much better than what I had before. My DPS survivability is like 5x -if not more- better than before.
I still cannot scratch Joey’s Yellow Armor. Nothing. I can see I do damage, I can see my digi clone kills everything else fast in seconds, and shoots him like crazy… nothing, 1% goes down form his Yellow in mere minutes.
I give up on that guy. I just kill his two lieutenants, pick up legendaries and port out to the start of the map and go back and kill the lieutenants again. This boss is bugged.
I give my digi clone the venomous hornet when spawning the clone, and fighting him with his Yellow Armor up. Just nothing, nada, 1% goes down and the Yellow armor just “blinkink” that it takes damage. Yes I swap to different weapon, example Torment with radiation so it gets different elemental damages, so it won’t get immunity to just one elemental type. Everything else dies fairly okay from my current setup. This boss is stupid bugged. I made a video, I’ll upload to youtube and you can see.
It is not me its the boss.

2 Likes

I have never had anything that extreme happen - he’s tough, yes, but not that tough. Suggestion to try: toggle your session setting to the opposite of whatever it is currently (cooperation/coopetition), start and quit the session, then change it back to your preferred setting and try Joey again.

Corrosive lightshow?

I’m feelin your pain. I decided to try again with Amara, same deal. Can easily kill everything but barely scratch Joey. Like you, I decided to just pick up what the underbosses drop and restart the run. Did it 3 times yesterday with the same results. Didn’t stick around long enough to see if CryptoSec Thor respawns. Saw that he dropped gold so headed back to Sanctuary to collect it. Will try session setting changes to see if that corrects it, but if not, will move on to another toon. Still have 4 to level up.

1 Like

I’m doing the villa with a grasping siren that links to nearby foes and also sends a homing ball to foes upon a kill with gun or skill.
It takes about 3 to 4 minutes to defeat Joey by grasping and killing the other foes. The homing balls do a lot of damage to Joey probably due to overkill added to the damage and the linking.
Level 72 MH11
So the tactic is to avoid Joey and concentrate on quickly grasping and killing the foes as they spawn by linking them to Joey, especially the turrets which re-invigorate his red health bar.

Example video

3 Likes

I mean, for a long time there are no lieutenants, no shielded robot on top, no hanging enemy on walls, just either the boss alone or 2-3 very low threat enemy around with one health bar. I kill them in seconds, and then Boss is alone again. During this period of time I’m punching a lot of dmg in his Yellow health bar, and nothing.
But I’m happy with killing the leutenants honestly. I left my Zane there, I log off and when I log in I just clean the map, pick up a lot of Eridium too so its worth to stick one char there to be honest even with this broken boss. :smiley:

1 Like

My Amara runs out of bullets before Joey runs out of health. Will be turning off M levels to try again.

1 Like