Had an interesting thought recently

Okay so I’ve been taking my time running through TVHM getting distracted by DLC content and after noticing that my rez cost is roughly as much as a few hundred k I’m wondering. Has anyone ever died while being broke or become broke from dying and then died while being broke?

If so what exactly happened? I’d assume that you’d temporarily just get a free rez but I don’t know. The cost of being rez’d at a save station does seem to correspond to how much money you have in total in game so maybe being pawned while broke has never come up in game play before but I thought it worth asking just the same.

It says “fee: waived” or something.

Source: Bl1 was the first real FPS game I played, so I sucked majorly.

2 Likes

I always kept my money on one of my bank mules, so it doesn’t really matter if you have cash. I mean, it can’t stop you from respawning if you have no money. It’s just a form of “punishment” for dying. Good thing it’s not XP debt.

1 Like

From what I’ve witnessed, the fee for creating a new you is a set percentage of your funds. Once you get down to a certain point in your wallet, the percentage would be less than one and a charge wouldn’t occur, so essentially, you are getting a free resurrection, but more technically the charge is too small to actually take from you.

1 Like

This ^. The fee is set to 7% iirc. The real issue comes into play when your balance drops below the cost of new rocket launcher ammo, since things start getting hairy if you’re being spawn-camped by nomads, marauders, or rabid stalkers and don’t have anything else capable of taking them down. (I know there is some ammo “regen” when you respawn, but it’s quite rare to get rockets that way)

2 Likes

^ Yup. Happened to me a few times during UVHM (that I finally completed yesterday for the first time). Sometimes I have another weapon powerful enough to chip away at those enemies health, even if it takes forever. Otherwise, as soon as my money runs out I just go do something else to get my money back and come back later. I just know I’m gonna keep dying more and more without heavy ammo available. Luckily, money comes and goes very easily later in the game. You can be broke one day, the next day you can have 99,999,999.

1 Like

Yes. The fee’s waived if you have no money on you when you’re respawned.