Haderax – Proxy by Death

After weeks of attempting to defeat this boss at level 80, I decided to use the Maya glitch initially discovered by Shadowevil:

Maya fast kill of Haderax

I had to modify his idea since the only character who was eligible for the boss quest was Gaige. It took 2 weeks to grind a Maya from level 1 to 80, and to get her into UVHM. But, this was a hidden blessing. Gaige was intentionally downed by a rocket inside the elevator. She was respawned inside the room with the Drop button. Both players do not need to be in the control room! In fact, player 2, 3 or 4 could also position themselves at strategic points, if desired. Maya could leisurely set up in the crater where Haderax spawns. She enters the crater from the slight V depression on the rim, and moves to the center. She looks up, as in the video, and sets up the aim for a Slagga (my weapon of choice). Rotate, if necessary to get a clear line of site into the sky. I found that a 90 degree (left) rotation of the field of view generates consistent results. The rest of the process is simple- no rushing to get to the crater, or positioning the shot. This is the number one problem with doing this solo, according to the comments. Just start firing when the music tells you that Haderax is entering the picture. A big red graphic label will also appear with Haderax’s health bar.

Since there are two level 80 players on the team, I was worried about Haderax’s HP being higher than the damage he would receive from Recompense. To compensate, I used a +28% SMG damage relic, but this is probably not necessary.

1 Like

The haderax kill idea btw came from a guy named poutine, he have a yt vid somewhere where he did it on op6. Then pcrov first obe i seen did it on op10.

Shadowkill however improved the kill by adding otto idol (so maya cannot die) and using chulainn for self slagged (so no need for maya to slag herself).

1 Like

Nat, thanks for giving Poutine credit for discovering the Maya technique. Do you know offhand who first found out that intentionally downing a teammate would allow that person to end up at the top room, with the other teammates free to wander around below? (In solo, this trick allows the main player to keep replaying until successful, with no eridium penalty). In solo-multiplayer (you and your mule in splitscreen), this trick is a godsend for people with slow or poor jumping skills. My Gaige-Maya combo can achieve a 90% kill rate on Haderax, whereas trying to do Maya from the control room down to the crater is nigh impossible at my age. Not to mention the fact that my Maya is a one-off level 80 character who has not even finished the Commander Lilith DLC. The parallel Salvador characters I was grinding were fairly easy to run through the DLC. The only thing they were waiting for was the discovery of an appropriate Duuurp rocket launcher.

1 Like

My version of it that i do on solo is to trigger the spawn point while going up the elevator then go down again then kill myself. I would spawn on top with ,the elevator still below and the gap is open. I do that to save eridium when i died, since most of the time haderax did not despawn.

1 Like