Handsome Collection Xbox One X performance

Hey! So I saw another post about this, but it didn’t seem like people really knew at that point, so I’m trying to see if that has changed:

Does anyone know if Handsome Collection plays better on the XB1X? Specifically in terms of frame rate? Would love a fixed 60fps!

1 Like

No-one really knows, no. The game itself hasn’t been updated for the XB1X - it’s exactly the same code and resources on both systems. So, performance might be marginally better in situations where there’s lots of GPU intensive stuff happening, but you’re not going to get better than the 60 fps cap on XB1 and you won’t get true 4K.

2 Likes

Hmm okay. I suppose it would depend on the console being more powerful, and not the game being updated for it. And not expecting more than 60 fps (is there such a thing? Maybe stupid question but…). Really feel like it’s the sort of game that really should have a locked 60 fps on newer consoles (if that’s even possible) because it’s so hectic.
Well the question would probably be if it’s going to stay closer to 60fps on a more regular basis, but yeah no-one knows yet.

1 Like

The HC games generally get 60 fps except in certain tricky areas and when there’s (a) tons of stuff on the ground and/or (b) tons of visual fx going off.

XB1X is still a very niche market (something the MS product line manager has stated himself in interviews) so it’s a tough call for individual studios on whether to invest resources updating. For an older game like BL2, it would be hard to justify financially.

Expect BL3 to run nicely on the hardware though, especially with the upgrade from UE3 to UE4 for the game engine.

1 Like

Yeah well at least in TPS there seems to little to no fps drop, which is nice. In BL2 however it is more frequent. What exactly do you mean with “tons of stuff on the ground”? Like in a practical sense.

Yeah I see what you mean. It hasn’t even gotten a proper launch, just slowly creeped into the market lol. I don’t know what it would take for Gearbox to update it just frame-wise. But yeah I get what you mean and I highly doubt it will happen.

At least that’s more reason to switch to TPS once in a while. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hard numbers are difficult to pin down, but if you’ve been going nuts on Hyperius for example. Combine that with Axton dual slag turrets, a couple of Mayas, and all-elemental loadouts… Certain maps can be laggy as well - Washburne Refinery is one example.

I get more frame rate issues in TPS than BL2 though, especially with full cryo builds on Aurelia. Do that in the turret calibration room and deliberately prolong the fight and it can get interesting!

2 Likes

I now play on PC and have my setting in game set to “unlimited” for frame rate. I also have a counter in my upper left corner so I can see the frame rate fluctuation. it’s very dramatic, but I have seen numbers in the 300’s for frame rate. it’s rare, and that number doesn’t pop up often, but I’ve seen it. It will vary…But that is PC. Console is fixed to no more than 60 fps on the xb1 and 30 fps on the 360. :wink:

1 Like

Actually the only Vault Hunter in TPS I maxed lvl! Well don’t recall having much issues with it tbh.

Oh well… Thanks for responding man! You always respond to my posts :slight_smile:

I have another question, or… thought… if you’re willing: I’m currently doing Maya endgame, and tbh, I think her combat loop if fun, but, well, really easy on OP0 (haven’t really tried OP levels yet), and I just end up using the Sandhawk so… Trying to mix it up with different smg’s. Strange thing with this game, you kinda have to force yourself to not use the best gear.

1 Like

oh wow that sounds amazing! Frame rate is probably the biggest reason I’d want to play on PC. Well let’s hope BL3 is min 60, if that’s realistic!

2 Likes

It will definitely be 60fps minimum. I don’t see consoles pushing past that anytime soon, so I’d imagine they’d keep it where they can make the most $$. They won’t produce it for the 360 which would be 30fps. it’s all next gen at this point. :wink: pushing towards 4k resolution and 60 fps is really nice. When my frame rate jumps to the 100+ range, I don’t visually notice any difference from 60fps. FYI. :blush:

1 Like

(Sorry for late reply) Yeah I’m really looking forward to more fixed 60fps games <3 And a game as hectic as Borderlands would really benefit from it. Yeah sucks that I won’t be able to with BL2 tho. Suppose I could buy a PC but… Just for sake of asking, do you have an estimation of how much I might have to spend to reach like 60-100 fps on a PC?

2 Likes

Not personally but some of the PC crowd certainly would. If it’s just BL2/PC you’re interested in, though, arguably not as much as if you wanted to play something more recent.

1 Like

I bought a Dell laptop for 699 at Best Buy. I’m sure you could get away with less. A desktop PC for 399-499 and maybe upgrade the vcard if need be.

1 Like

If Im not mistaken Phil spencer had a tweet about this, like ps4 pro the Xbox one x have boost mode. The difference is that there is no options to turn it on or off. How much of an upgrade is anyone guess, maybe digital foundry have something about it🙂

1 Like