Handsome jack ed & Borderlands 2 - xbox 360 & xbone

I’m curious to know whether you can play handsome jack ed with people that are just playing borderlands 2.

So for example I want to play borderlands 2 with my mate who plays on his 360 and I have my copy of handsome jack ed, can we still play?

I know if I just download the 360 version we could play but I want to play with all my goodies.

No. There’s no cross-play between native 360 and native XB1, only native 360 and emulated 360 on XB1.

Interesting question of whether playing the backwards-compatible version of BL2 on your XB1 would let you access your XB1 save files or not. I know it works like that for BL1.

1 Like

not possible yet. I hope they make that a possibility soon. Can’t access the cloud saves on the 360 from the game menu. it only allows you to upload to the cloud from the 360.

yes, correct. :slight_smile:

Are you talking native 360 or emulated 360? If it’s the emulated version, you’d think you’d be able to “Choose storage device” and just go from there. Also be interesting to see if BL2 saves created in the emulated 360 version of BL2 on XB1 can be seen in the cloud sync folder on a native 360 when signed in with the same account.

1 Like

Native.

there isn’t an emulated version of BL2 unfortunately, otherwise you’d be correct. it would work just like BL1 emulated version on the xb1.

I am pretty sure it will have to be an emulated version. The platforms aren’t compatible with one another to allow seamless transitions from one to the other with game saves. For this reason I believe that is why you won’t be able to load a cloud save on your 360 for BL2 if you have uploaded your game saves to be transitioned to your xb1. [quote=“VaultHunter101, post:4, topic:1556895”]

Also be interesting to see if BL2 saves created in the emulated 360 version of BL2 on XB1 can be seen in the cloud sync folder on a native 360 when signed in with the same account.
[/quote]

Yes, but…again. not possible since there isn’t an emulated version of BL2 for the xb1 and probably never will since they created the Handsome Jack Collection which runs on the native xb1. :slight_smile: but this you already know. Cause your @VaultHunter101 Survivor of Border Wastelands. Why aren’t you a community badass yet? :innocent:

So someone told me the other night that the latest Games with Gold is featuring backwards compatible BL2. Which surprises me greatly. But here it is:

Say what?!

1 Like

Yes. What he said! lol :astonished:

holy crap! this is huge! starts next month. I’m looking forward to testing this. I will see if i can game with myself. lol

I have a sneaky suspicion that you still won’t be able to load your handsome jack collection save files. just a hunch.

Let me know what happens. I’d be really nervous about it screwing up my HC BL2 saves. Also, I’m wondering if it’s going to include all the DLC or not? That’d be a drag if it wouldn’t let you load up a save because you had a Sandhawk…

1 Like

great question. didn’t think of that. That would suck. lol

BL2 got backwards compatibility yesterday or the day before. I’m super pumped and even more excited to have a digital copy so I don’t need to put in the disc anymore.

1 Like

Oh ■■■■! it’s on! lol