Have the Australian servers been disconnected?

After not playing for a couple months I recently decided to check back in and play some Battleborn. Because I’m cursed with living in Australia and having to deal with our red bar nightmare and all the associated game play issues that entails I tend to steer clear of pvp so as not to be too much of a hindrance to my team, and stick to pve instead with the occasional bots battle for something different. So I decided to play some ops to pick up some more skins and do a little loot hunting. Because I like to get all 100 ops points I play these privately so I can take my time and always set the data centre to Australia East, my only chance to play with a green bar connection. Well since I’ve returned I’ve noticed this now also doesn’t get me out of my red bar hell. I’ve tried different ops and tested things also in normal story missions and always the same result, red bar. I also just left the data centre option to find optimal and…red bar. It would appear the Australian servers are now no more.

@Jythri or someone who can help, can you please confirm for me if this is indeed the case? I apologise if this was announced somewhere and I have tried to stay abreast of all Battleborn updates but I haven’t heard this being made public anywhere. If this is what has occurred can you please explain if this is a precursor to a scaling back of Battleborn’s online servers with the fall update being Gearbox’s last planned involvement with BB? Is there any hope of getting offline play so that we that are affected so negatively by the red bar server connection issues might have a chance to still enjoy some BB gameplay yet or is it effectively game over for us at this point?

I appreciate any response and answers to this issue. I’m hopeful that I’m totally wrong on all this and it’s just something on my end.

8 Likes

Pleasantly phrased post, @jahnerd - however, unfortunately, a lot of peoples have reported on server issues as of lately which in conclusion points at, at least, a (given the circumstances rather understandable) downsizing in server capacity.

4 Likes

Not part of the dev team @jahnerd, but I’ve gotten the impression the servers have been downsized as well so it’s a very real possibility. I’m sorry for your troubles

1 Like

Yeah, servers do indeed feel as they they’ve been “nerfed”.
With good internet I was mainly able to enjoy a nice, smooth, green bar connection…lately I’ve been thrown into the yellow/red bars in almost every game, every day, for the past like 3 weeks?

All good things must end someday I guess.

4 Likes

NA and Europe and Asia players having server issues also?

1 Like

Game crashed hard on my yesterday at one point: just got a kill in the thick of battle, screen froze and the audio went all square-wave buzz. Had to force-quit the game and relaunch. Also had the server connection time out while waiting for a game server for private story. Something is definitely off.

2 Likes

Don’t worry guys, they will make one server in Antarctica (and turn off all the others) and we all gonna have to “play” with +500 ping. The future is brighter than ever!

2 Likes

Yeah, servers here on east coast US have been sketchy to say the best. I was really hoping for a final good balance patch and to keep on playing for some time to come but I don’t know how that is going to be.

2 Likes

It’s The Darkening of the Servers!!!