I was surprised to find that there were still some build variety at level 70 where you could spec fully into all 3 trees, but I’m starting to think that we may have hit the cap with build variety.
- Generic Build - Spec into all 3 trees, looks something like Derch’s original Deputy Athena.
- CS Build - skips the Xiphos tree mostly, spec into something like my DoT build.
- Tanking build - BookEmDano’s build
- Melee Build - it should look pretty much similar to Derch’s Deputy Athena 2.0 (with Jakobs) but with COM/Oz kit switched out
- Raid Build - Hyperion Shotguns, Rocket Launcher spams, and storm COM. Maybe w/ Flash Freeze
- SMG Build - Generic Build but just with Femme Fatale
- CoE Build
- Jakobs Nisha
- And pretty much every build is built around 9~11/5 Tombstone.
- Cookie Cutter
- Cookie Cutter + RNG build (spec into all 3 trees)
- Deputy Jack (high points into AA)
- Cel. Doppelganger Jack (you can use anything, but Rosie is a popular choice)
- Glitch Jack w/ enough points into Marginal Benefit, focused on keeping red/yellow glitches up
- Cryo jack (Derch)
- Cel. Enforcer build
- CoE build
- Blaster build
- Cryo + Sniper (change up COM as your preference)
- Non-sniper jakobs build (derch)
- Cryo + explosive build
I’m not claiming I understand all these characters completely (although I’m pretty close to doing that with Athena), but if you look at these already well-documented builds, you can notice that many of these builds are just variations of others.
For example, raid build is based on CS build for Athena, SMG build is based on generic build on Athena, for Nisha you just slap on whatever you like with at least 9/5 on Tombstone, etc.
I do not count moving a couple of points to be enough of a difference to classify it as a new build, since these few points are mostly up to people’s personal preference.
So my point is, have we already covered every (viable) build in TPS or is there some unknown combination of spec, COM, unusual gear that we haven’t discovered yet to warrant it the title of a “new build”?
I honestly feel like after khimera’s Excalibastard build, Derch’s deputy Aurelia build, and my DoT Athena build we as the community pretty much covered all possible builds - I’ve been trying to look at different approaches these past few days, but really, I can’t see another way since everything has been covered.
I’d love your input on this.
And for Jack’s sake, let’s keep the conversation civil.
Good discussion, but instead of saying “lol ur wrong” PLEASE give me examples. I’d love to try out new builds!