Healing power vs healing received?

I play as Ambra. I know their are items that have “healing received” but does “healing power” also improve self healing or is it only for teammates?

Only for teammates. Healing received only effects you.

1 Like

Are you sure about that? So, using Ambra as an example, you are saying her sunspots would heal teammates for more than herself?

2 Likes

Yeah I assumed that healing yourself benefited from both +Healing Power and +Healing Received.

So…
Healing others = +Healing Power
Being healed by others = +Healing Received
Healing yourself = +Healing Power and +Healing Received

3 Likes

Have you noticed with the Mushroom? I’m usually so busy trying not to die I don’t really notice the numbers. I was playing Miko earlier with the helix option that heals you when using beam on biosynthesis but didn’t notice whether the numbers were the same.

1 Like

I’m not sure, it’s hard to tell. I just assumed that it benefitted from both. Could be wrong.

1 Like

I actually don’t have any healing received items right now but i am assuming it is still in the game, both were in beta. I always thought healing power did both but then I thought about it and it seemed like it might be kinda OP. Who would want healing relieved when healing power does both?

Yes I am sure. It’s the same with miko.

1 Like

I don’t think healing received should only benefit you if someone else heals you. That would make it useless unless you have a healer in your team, which in public games you won’t know until after you’ve picked your loadout lol

1 Like

But then how does this work with Eldrid characters and health regen?

1 Like

health regen is different… you automatically regenerate health with out the need for an ability or other attack. You could stand there and just regenerate.

You’d need the health regen relics for that. As far as what i have noticed with both Miko and Ambra, Healing Received boosts healing that you get from other healers and yourself. I’ve noticed it more with Biosynthesis. Healing power boosts the amount of healing you give to teammates. I usually try to have 2 healing power boosts and 1 healing received relic for myself in my Miko loadout.

1 Like

I’m more talking about Thorn and Kelvin here. Health regen is Thorn’s talent, and of course works well with a +health regen item, but does that not count as healing and get effected by healing power or healing received?

Though I’m really not sure of healing power, because at the end of the game, you don’t see any numbers in healing done, but I feel like healing received should count as health regen if you have a talent/helix for it.

1 Like

So if Ambra drops a sunspot with +Heal Power, she doesn’t benefit from it? That doesn’t seem right to me, even if it is the case. If you drop a Sunspot that does base x+y healing, it should provide that level of healing to everyone.

1 Like

I JUST tried it. I was healing for 24 a sec with my sunspot and bought my healing power item (nothing else… no kill leveling etc) and I was getting 27 a sec after CONFIRMED. So at least with AMBRAs sunspots it does work… idk about her lifesteal. might need healing received for that?

4 Likes

I know it seems odd, but as from what i have seen and tested with it, it doesn’t affect the self sunspot healing. I believe since they count it as Healing received.

1 Like

look at my post right above you… i just tried it now in campaign.

1 Like

I need to try in private match with friend for lifesteal… too hard solo because the enemy is hitting and I might lose health. I am guessing healing received would also include lifesteal but healing power would not

Well there ya go. In the EA it didn’t work when i played her. Guess they changed it in the final. that’s neat.

1 Like

Yep just tried it… Healing power does not help lifesteal

1 Like