Help dealing with Boldur?

Hello forum-goers, I’m new here on the forums but not to Battleborn itself. I’m sure I’ve battled many of you on multiple occasions as you have me. (That sentence didn’t even sound correct in my head XD) Anyway, I think we all know at this point that Boldur is somewhat above the point of balance, so what I’d like to ask you guys is how do you deal with the little dwarf when you see him on the enemy team other than preemptively sigh like I do. Is Hard CC the only way to deal with a decently skilled Boldur? Do I just have to wait for the nerf bat to smack him upside the head even though he won’t feel it?

2 Likes

Boldur himself tells you how to deal with him; ahem

“RUN, RUN FROM BOLDUR!”

Seriously though, Chain CC seems to be the only way to deal with a skilled boldur, otherwise he’ll always escape after diving.

4 Likes

Hard CCs. Lots and lots of hard CCs.

Joking aside, it really is the only way to get him consistently. If he dies without any hard CCs, he was likely too greedy or tried to save someone. Hence his need for a nerf.

3 Likes

Haha! I always do run from him but with his ridiculous movespeed he’s just always faster. Hm, well I need my Geyser to be back to a 2 second bind ;-;. Unfortunately, that probably won’t happen.

My god, I could FEEL that Boldur pain, not to say I feel bad FOR him lol.

2 Likes

I Boldur can only be killed with a silver bullet.

Or a silver knife.

Or a stick with a silver handle.

1 Like

You CAN 1hko him with kleeses overloaded mortars if you can get him unawares. ofc, thisll only work once as hell be prepared for you after you do it once.
you need the max shield + sd, and sd + max shield and another max shield item (i dont know what legos give max shield) and the bouncing balls at level 7.
then, all you need is to either get someone to stun him in front of a wall before he gets rage dr, or hope to catch him in such a position. kelvins obviously perfect since he can sub then icewall to do it anywhere for you.

uh, gl.

2 Likes

Other than insane cc chains, if you get melees either side of him so he can only block one then you can kill him, but it’s obviously very risky

3 Likes

This question has come up on the forums before. Aside from chaining hard CC, I remember it was mentioned that damage over time effects that he gets hit with (so not AoE) bypass his shield, and so does Kleese’s taser, though to get that close to him as Kleese, you’d likely be in a bad spot.

1 Like

Co-opetition inducer
IMG_1839

And shield web interdictor
IMG_1841

Were the combo that let me one shot a boldur

1 Like

Lock him down with blinkstorm while @blainebrossart1 unloads into his face with overdrive

1 Like

Just to put it out there, you’re not going to do anything as Alani. With the exception of following up someone else’s stun with a Geyser. The first place you should should start with is having a frontline character of your own, such as Shaurox, Kelvin, etc… Of which you should always have one in Incursion IMO.

And if you’re playing against a Boldur that isn’t running an economy build, you should try your best to starve him of XP. Being 2 or 3 levels over him, or better yet finishing the game before he has a chance to truly be meaningful is always a good approach, and doesn’t require a certain character comps.

• Lots of ranged poke and lengthy wounds do this well.
  • Saving your teammates with a CC support character like Rath or Shaurox, by instantly using hard CC on him when he stuns someone will usually make an early game Boldur back off and waste his stun.
  • Supporting a character like Attikus or WF so they can freely just wound and DPS through Boldur’s shield is a good way to kill Boldur, especially before he hits level 3.
  • It will be a lot easier to outplay Boldurs when Gearbox finally fixes how knock backs interact with uneven terrain.
  • There are other ways, and with higher level of play this will see diminishing returns, but it’s a good place to start.

Thx a lot for this. I wasn’t planning on doing something with Alani, with how they’ve nerfed her I don’t really focus on killing at all anymore tbh. Just healing. XD

Good advice is to keep pressure on him when his passive is down. His high DR is one of the main reasons he’s so hard to kill and without it he’s a bulky target with above average health and a very easy to hit crit spot.

4 Likes

Light em’ up

2 Likes

tbf, ive seen someone 1hko him without legos :smiley: but the higher the damage, the better the chance, ovs! :smiley:

1 Like

The problem then is his shield, speed without Axe, and how his passive is barely ever down. By the time his Boldurdash comes back or he gets a kill he will definitely have been healed by then. Wound will affect him good, but that shield can soak up so much… plus his dumb health regen…

1113 shield at level 10 for a bouncy mortar strike, “what boldur?”

1 Like

But 40% DR equates to 66% more health, 1200+ more health on his shield and (depending on gear or helix choice) raising his regen to be effectively 80 points per second.

Boldur can’t actually maintain rage easily unless the enemy has someone like Ambra or Kleese. Minions get so strong in late game that Boldur can’t do anything with his ■■■■■■ wave clear. If he makes a dive and fails to get a kill he’ll be without his dash or DR. That’s when he’s at his weakest.

1 Like

Honestly I think it is because offhand shields recharge to quickly. soon as his shield get low he disengages lets the shield recharge quickly and hops back in. Only way you can punish him is keep attacking him and hope his shield breaks. than you got to hit him quick before the shield recharges and you have to hit your head against the wall all over again.

1 Like