Help Me ! ! ! ! (please?)

Can someone please help me because in my borderlands 2 when i try to use my dlc skins it brings me to the playstation store to buy them even though i have the game of the year edition

1 Like

Got you moved to the right section. Did you install all the DLC content from the disks?

3 Likes

Hey this is the same person who posted this just different device but yes I did and multiple times too

1 Like

Your avatar and user name are on your posts, so don’t worry about the device!

OK. First thing is to check that they’re registering properly: restart your PS3, launch the game, select a save, and see if the initial locations for the DLCs are listed in the Fast Travel menu (Unassuming Docks, Oasis, etc.)

Second thing is, which specific skins are you trying to use? Are they showing up in the Quick Change menu at all?

2 Likes

For the first part i can do all of that but for the second part it is all of the dlc skins

1 Like

So, many of the DLC skins have to be found in game, picked up, and selected in your inventory before they are unlocked for use in the quick change station.

Some of the other DLC-related promotional heads and skins were released as SHiFT codes, which should still valid - check here, and make sure you use the PS3/PS4 version of the codes. With these heads/skins, they will be automatically added to your profile when you redeem the codes using the in-game SHiFT menu.

The only other thing I can think of is the GOTY-specific collector’s edition skins, but those should also be available in the Quick Change already.

There are other skins available for purchase as part of various character customization packs (these show in the Quick Change menu with a bullet point beside their name), but I’m pretty sure those aren’t included with the GOTY edition.

1 Like

Well you said the GOTY-specific collector’s edition skins should also be available in the Quick Change already but that is the problem. They are not

1 Like

It’s possible that they were provided as a SHiFT code to enter in-game? I’ll check my own BL2 GOTY edition when I get home to check. Had you bought this new or used?

1 Like

I’m not sure if it is new or used. Does it matter?

1 Like

If the skins were included as a SHiFT code unlock, the codes would have been unique one-time-only. So if you bought it used and the previous owner had used those codes, you’d be out of luck.

It will be some hours before I can go home and check my version; you may want to pull out the case contents and see if there’s an insert or card with a code on it. Alternatively, you could fire off an official support ticket and ask them about it:

https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=78657

1 Like

They are not shift codes
And can i send you a pic showing how i get them?
Or a video?
And btw literally everything else works except the skins and heads

1 Like

If you click on the pencil icon, you can edit your posts; clicking on the three dots will expand options and let you delete your posts:

07%20PM

I’m just one of the volunteer moderators, so there’s not much I can do other than make suggestions. I suggest you file a support ticket using the link I posted above, and include a photo for proof of purchase. Hopefully, they’ll be able to figure out what’s up and help get you sorted.

1 Like

Ok thanks

2 Likes