Help ! total non runner in steam

Hi, sorry about this but i need some help if you please,

I have done the preload etc and the install over on steam but when i try to run the game it just shows as running in the background, steam shows it as running but i get absolutely nothing ? If someone could please help me out here i would appreciate it as to be honest i am getting pretty tired of the whole thing, ive installed and uninstalled it twice now and as my sodding fibre is playing up its taking me at least 2hrs to redownload it.

Many thanks in advance if you can help
Hemlok

have you tried restarting your computer? i know it sounds like the whole have you tried turning it off and on again. but i have had that issue with steam before, with games not running and restarting my computer generally fixed it

yeah did that after before i re-re-reinstalled it, its the exact same problem i had with uplay and the division ? very odd

sorry then cant help you. it may pay to contact steam support though. as they are more likely to be able to help with your problem

thank you for at least offering, yeah i’ve done that and contacted 2k/gearbox nothing at all so far not hopeful either to be honest and i am not phoning these people again cost me a fortune to get uplay in line :frowning:

yea sorry i couldnt be more helpful though

no probs, i dont suppose you would know who would i go back for a refund to ? dont know if its steam/2k/gearbox or the mob i bought the key from ? again no probs if you dont know

who ever you phyisically bought it from generally. but i wouldnt know 100%. i would sudgest contacting steam first as they are most likely to be able to give you the refund if u bought a steam key

thank you, i am just getting back into pc gaming after about 12yrs and things are VERY different these days :frowning:

hahaha your own fault for stopping pc gaming then aint it :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

totally, got seduced by consoles ah well :wink:

I was having the same problem. What worked for me was opening the file location and then opening win64 folder in the binaries folder. I tried launching the game from there and it informed me i was missing MSVCR110.dll which is located in Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 which you can download from the Microsoft site. After i downloaded that the game opened just fine. I’m not sure if it’s the same issue you’re having but it’s worth checking out.

thanks chap i will give it a try :wink:

thank you again for the help, but its still not having any of it, ive submitted a ticket at 2k as no one is answering in the forums (other than yourselves) or over on steam.

Austyg11 quick one if you dont mind i have just looked in my binaries folder and its empty ?!? what should be there ?

Sorted now thanks chaps, 2k support sent all the relevant info if anyone else has similar problem i will pass it on :innocent:

gratz

Please send me the info. I’ve been stuck with the same problem since release!

Hekxton sorry just seen your message I’m out at the moment be an hour or so chap :wink:

Hi Hexkon sorry for the delay, here is what did the trick for me, essentially its a partial reinstall, disable ALL background apps/programs and a clean boot :wink:

First of all, please reinstall your DirectX and VcRedist files from within the game’s directory.

In the Steam installation folder of the game you’re having trouble with, there will be typically be a DirectX setup package.
Example file path: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\steamapps\common\battleborn open beta\ binaries and run Gearboxredist.exe.
Reboot the computer (mandatory)

Next, I’d suggest running the battleborn.exe as administrator.

Navigate to the program folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\steamapps\common\battleborn open beta\binaries\win 64) and locate the "Battleborn.exe" file.
Right-click the program icon (the .exe file).
Choose Properties.
On the Compatibility tab, select the Run This Program As An Administrator option.
Click OK.
If you see a User Account Control prompt, accept it.

Finally, to determine if any other piece of software might be causing the issue, please perform a clean boot and then try launching the game.

Here’s a link with detailed instructions on how to perform a clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Once your PC has finished rebooting launch ONLY Steam and NO OTHER software and launch the game afterwards.

Hope this gets you sorted my friend, if not then please do submit a ticket to 2k they came through really fast :innocent: