Hero info and guides

I’m having a hard time finding up to date hero guides and general information outside of the game itself. Most of what I find are from summer of last year. Even the wiki sites are way out of date.
Does anyone know of any particular guides or videos made recently?
I want to get back into this game after not playing in a while but I’m having a hard time finding reliable info.

[quote=“crg010, post:1, topic:1557058, full:true”] Does anyone know of any particular guides or videos made recently?
I want to get back into this game after not playing in a while but I’m having a hard time finding reliable info.
[/quote]
Did you like checked Gearbox forums? :wink:
Just search/ask in Bb specific forum sections about strats. You could start with “Kitru’s Totally Objective Guide(s)”.

1 Like

Checking the individual character’s forum pages is probably the best way to get information. I myself wrote a guide for Miko back in January where I tried to describe how to play Miko, general tips, the viability of various helixes, suggest helix compositions and what gear works well on him. It’s somewhat incomplete as a “full” guide, but may help still with Miko specifically.

There are other guides (or guide-like) posts that could be worth considering.

@somebody248d has an appreciated guide on Montana, going through the viability of his current helix options.

@Moostacho have a proposed guide-line for how to alternatively play Ernest as opposed to the mainstream approach with him.

If anything else, you can ask me here or through PM if you’re wondering about individual characters and can’t find the information you want about them and I’ll do my best with providing helpful information. I’d be glad to help!

Edit; I’m collecting games I’m doing well in with various characters to have them as showcases of what a successful match with said character can look like. Only got a few at the moment and there are characters I’ll likely never get up as I’m not particularly great with them. I’m trying to have a relatively high bar as well with the games. They shouldn’t be me doing well in stomps, but rather in competitive/even matches.

There a alot guides in these Forums, although some might be a little outdated due to hotfixes ect.

As @zadymek already said “Kitrus Totally Objective Guides” are a great way to start, among many other guides & help-threads here in the Forums.
We also have many members who upload Video-guides or do teachruns.

Here a few relatively recent ones:

2 Likes

Thanks for the responses guys. I’ll check out your recommendations

Don’t bother with my Mellka guides. The recent spate of hotfixes has made them completely unreliable (and discouraged me from updating or uploading the video guides I’d been making)

1 Like

What?

I…i… I thought i posted this in a dif topic to a dif person… Wtf!

2 Likes

And for Kitru’s guides go to steam for the most up to date versions:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024490964/myworkshopfiles/?section=guides&browsefilter=myfiles&browsesort=myfiles&p=1

1 Like

If you just want to look up their info and play around with their helix, there’s also my Character Builder :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Some of my absolute most favorite guides are from @alltheshinies and Erik Nye on Youtube. I haven’t see Erik on the forums but I know All The Shinies is still involved.

I linked their youtube channels with guides for battleborn, they have some great production quality and tips in their guides

2 Likes