Hey guys wondering about movies

Any one else love John Wayne movies?

1 Like

With a lot of blacks, there’s quite a bit of resentment along with their dissent, and possibly rightfully so. But we can’t all of a sudden get down on our knees and turn everything over to the leadership of the blacks. I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. … I don’t feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from the Indians. Our so-called stealing of this country from them was just a matter of survival. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.

— John Wayne, 1971

No, not really a fan.

2 Likes

Meh I still am lol given what unbelievable cruelties capitalism has inflicted mass murder suicide wars and destruction over shiny rocks my bad sorry I ment diamonds but I still want my new graphics card or xbox series x ps5 iPhone or Samsung phone despite the suffering these all cause

*edit oh sorry 2020 current year my bad better put a time stamp on our obviously enlightened culture lol

Hey btw I hope your not using any of these devices to communicate with me as that is essentially condoning child slave Labor given the multitude of proof and images we have of the mining processes but yeah no you have a point he stated these view points how long ago I just pray you don’t condon child slave Labor with your actions again using these products that obviously benefit from them

Nah. Pretty sure we are all using halved coconuts to tap out ASCII masterpieces in Morse code only to have the forum translate it into wingdings and then into plain text. I mean, at least I know that’s how I post here.

3 Likes

The film industry produces an average of 500 tonnes of CO2 per production.
Cumulative internet-based technologies produce 1.7 billion tonnes annually.

So you better believe I neither support movies & TV nor do I employ any electronic devices.

I happen to have bulimia so not only can I read minds but I can jack into the net, so I only burn a few calories per session. I’m tight with Papa Legba.

3 Likes

Did you know that you generate 4.327 acres of binary code for each thread? And that number doubles if it’s a duplicate thread because all of the 1s and 0s feel bad and drown their sorrows in more empty relations than 5000 bunnies hopped up on Molly. And because binary prophylactics haven’t been invented the code just keeps stacking on itself until it hits the glass ceiling of cyberspace. It’s an unsustainable cycle of circular conversations and thread spinning. One day there won’t be any room left for conspiracy theories and cat memes.

Which is why we’re raising funds to found a school for the teaching of safe and responsible code coupling. With your help we can reduce the undue burden on the interweb created by all those homeless and uninsured lones of code. For less than the cost of a cup of coffee a week you can make a difference. Please help us end the cycle today.

2 Likes

I was never really a big fan personally. I was always a more Clint Eastwood / Sergio Leone type western fan. Plus I always had a hard time viewing anyone with the same name as my grandma, as a tough guy lol. Marion Morrison would have been a hard sell for a tough cowboy in the 50’s and 60’s.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

I prefer the style of movies john Waynes era produced they haven’t been matched since in terms of feeling

1 Like

I do enjoy a lot of the films of that era myself just not anything I can think of, of Wayne’s off the top of my head right now. I got a bit tired of the western scene of the era quite quickly though to be honest. Not surprising of course seeing as something like 7 out of every 10 movies back then was a western lol. I enjoyed the gangster flicks of that time. Cagney especially so. then in Wayne’s later period of the 60’s I was more enamored with the big epics of the day Spartacus, The Vikings etc. I guess up to that point Western’s just were not for me. Then Sergio Leone made me feel more emotion in one whistle than any John Wayne film ever had haha :slight_smile:

To me it’s the more american ww2 feel they have if that makes sense I think the best way I can describe it is some one once said that after 9 11 American movies changed that attack changed alot of Americans and that came through in the feel of the movies separately I would compare
the more dark gritty Clint Eastwood movies vs the more light hearted fun bar fight syled John Wayne movies that’s some thing that kind of died with his era of movie making

1 Like

Yeah I can understand how he can be a big nostalgia kick to a lost era of Americana for people. Not saying he was bad, I just never really connected with a lot of his stuff. I am in the UK so I don’t have that same kind of nostalgia, as of course I never knew that way of life.

lol funny thing is I’m from Australia and have lived here all my life it’s like the feeling fallout goes for if that makes sense that classic bugs bunny you don’t have to be American to enjoy the good ol’ days feel even if you’ve never experienced them lol

1 Like

Oddly they never grabbed me emotionally like that, yet I cried like a 5 year old girl every time I watched Spartacus or the Vikings lol. Just shows people connect to different things :slight_smile:

Bare in mind though I have never watched a John Wayne film outside of childhood so this is the only perspective I have on it as I never revisited any as an adult.

1 Like

Yeah Spartacus is the same kind of thing though the modern day movies set in that era just don’t have that same feel think more modern movies like troy

They may be great movies but they don’t capture the same vibe

1 Like

I think probably the closest one of the more modern era to capture the spirit of the old epics is probably Gladiator. As you say the more modern offerings do seem to lack that real emotional gut punch.

1 Like

Yeah that was an amazing movie but yeah sadly there’s something missing from alot of new movies

1 Like