Hi, I'm Skybane, and I'm a Premade-aholic

My win rate is around 45% I think. :sob:

No clue what mine is. When I’m making super jumps with Mellka, I tend not to care. It’s probably awful…

1 Like

I love threads where people are just honest and don’t let egos get in the way :slight_smile:

Lol, No.
This is the very reason I stick to PVE and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

If people want to promote themselves by “stomping noobs”, they can do it.
Gearbox says it’s legal.

Perhaps there is some other deep psychological need you are trying to fulfill.
But don’t expect people to line up for it.

I don’t know about others but I play for fun. I like a challenge.
Getting spawn camped into oblivion while serially taunted in game and humiliated on someone’s twitch channel sounds more like bullying or hazing than a learning experience than a challenge.

Unless of course, the lesson is “don’t play with people like that”.

Gearbox says it’s legal.
Interesting game you have.
The only way to win is not to play.

3 Likes

Sometimes I win, and sometimes I don’t. I typically still enjoy it either way.

Spawn camping sucks. But even the biggest games (such as Call of Duty) still suffer from it. Even after however many iterations they have released. I wouldn’t know about being humiliated on Twitch, because that literally doesn’t matter to me.

If you don’t want to play PvP, that is obviously your choice. But I haven’t found anything in this game I haven’t had to deal with before in dozens of others.

Not sure why you felt the need to try and insult me either, I certainly didn’t do anything to bring it on.

Please, talk about the game not about the users. This topic was a very nice one, lets keep it that way.

:heart: Forum Rules

For those who wish to discuss the problem of “PUG-stomping premades” please visit one of the other topics evolving arround these issues.

I have nothing but respect for the vast majority of the community, no matter the actual persons skill level. I have over a 90% win rate but I dont let that get to my head. I do not taunt others unless they taunt me first. I do not bad mouth people. There might be friendly banter or advice given over voice chat which is heard by my viewers when I stream or the viewers that are watching other people in my group who are streaming.

I dont have any secrets as to why I have a high-winning percentage. My team hates playing Incursion due to backdoor potential, especially the old layout of the map. We do not take advantage of any exploits, (never used Orendi 90k damage with Shadowfire pillar, or other ones).

I feel like a big problem is the average person believes the high-level players in any game or sport are all try-hards that will do anything to win. Of course we will win but we also want competition to be as fair as possible. We want skill to be shown, not games won due to exploits or overpowered legendaries/helix skills.

2 Likes

Ok @devyn_stroud;

Good. Then prehaps you can help @TatzyXY. Over here with:

Not once have I ever played in a premade that does this. I solo queue about 70% of the time, and also play with casuals when I am in a group. I honestly find myself losing more when I’m in a group than solo, and my overall w/l ratio is 68%.

The closest I’ve ever said to spawn camping was one game where the team was legitimately feeding kills and I was trying to reach a 30+ killstreak, and that was because they were flat out diving into our spawn every time and were at half health by the time I saw them in the beginning.

I will check it out :slight_smile:

I also want to say people remember bad experiences. It only takes one bad apple to ruin an experience for somebody despite the dozens of amazing people I have met so far in this community.

90%?? My pve win rate isn’t that high, haha.

I do agree I would rather have solid, back and forth matches. Not so one-sided ones. Just winning doesn’t scratch the same itch that a good competitive match does, even if I lose. That’s my opinion anyway.

I demand your secrets though.

2 Likes

Yea, think it is around 93 or 94%. A lot of that is playing with good teammates who understand what needs to be done to make the win happen. Exactly. We all want competitive matches no matter if we win or lose.

Ah, that’s one thing that our group doesn’t really coordinate on. We can be all over the place sometimes. But we still enjoy it.

And there is nothing wrong with that. Do what you all enjoy. If you arent taking the game seriously then one shouldnt always expect to win when against people who are playing seriously. No need for taunting cuz you beat a competitive team nor no reason for us to taunt your team because we stomped yall. We all are trying to play and enjoy the game. When a game is a lost cause, no point in not surrendering so everyone involved can move on to the next game quicker without hassle.

I’m not sure what point you’re even trying to make here. People are saying that they prefer to play with friends. That doesn’t equate to any of the things your’e saying.

And even if it were what they’re doing then of course it would be legal. They’re not going to make rules against just playing the game the way you want to. Having a good team and getting matched against a bad team isn’t cheating.

@Battleborn,
My post did not reference cheating.
My post has asked for no changes whatsoever.
I have not suggested this is cheating.

My post is as simple statement.
I am saying that no; I don’t want to play a game like the ones described below.
I know few people outside the masochist community who would.

Please feel free to review the forums for numerous 1st hand descriptions of the issues I bring up in my post.
I have watched many of these incidences.

If you want examples, start here:

or perhaps this:

This behavior is far from rare.
Just because you or OP do not do this, does not mean it doesn’t happen.
The behavior I am referencing has nothing to do with being a premade team or “playing with friends”.

If these were isolated incidences, I wouldn’t be posting.
For every forum post complaining about it, there are many other incidences not reported.

Many people experiencing this, don’t post.
They just rage-quit.
Then they stop playing the game.

For my part, I don’t want to join this kind of Lord of the Flies like environment.
I won’t be enticed into the windowless-white-panel-van that is casual PVP right now.
From the feedback I have received, I am not alone.

Hey, But PVE is a lot of fun. So I will be spending my time there instead.

2 Likes

It goes both ways. People tend to post about negative experiences. Rarely the positive. I never said it doesn’t happen, merely state that not everyone does.

If every game that everyone plays was like you mention, every match would be 5-man premade groups. And that just isn’t the case.

I decided to test myself to see how many games I played against pre-formed teams. So, I queued solo and played somewhere between 10-15 matches:

Two matches were against fully formed 5-man premades, and I had one victory and a loss. All the other matches had assorted 2-man, 3-man and solo players. I went close to 50-50 on win rate. Surprisingly better than I usually do playing with my friends. Now, this is just my experience and a small test sample. It’s also on PS4, and maybe that makes a difference. I hear it’s the most popular platform.

I can’t speak to anyone elses experience, obviously. But if this is how it is to be a solo player, I really have nothing to complain about.

Sorry you’ve had a bad experience. I’m still very much enjoying the game. Team or not.

Yes it did. It still does.

Just to make sure people realize, competitive still uses ELO like before, its just casual that does not. So if you don’t like what you have seen in casual just play competitive instead. Doesn’t mean you can’t play pvp.

I solo-queue about 95% of the time. I can count on two hands the number of groups I play in, and I don’t think I’ve ever played on a 5-man team.

A lot of it has to do with the times I play (1AM - 3AM often) and the fact I enjoy the solo experience quite a bit.

In my experience, I would tend to side with @Skybane1239.

I have seen some very, very good pre-made teams, but no more often than I’ve seen five good players who just happen to win.

I wish that people would be allowed to avoid pre-mades, if only because of the psychological hit they receive when they see yellow bars, but I would be surprised if there is a real, statistically relevant effect. GBX has stated (in some post or another) that as of a few weeks ago, they weren’t seeing one.