Hi, I'm Skybane, and I'm a Premade-aholic

It goes both ways. People tend to post about negative experiences. Rarely the positive. I never said it doesn’t happen, merely state that not everyone does.

If every game that everyone plays was like you mention, every match would be 5-man premade groups. And that just isn’t the case.

I decided to test myself to see how many games I played against pre-formed teams. So, I queued solo and played somewhere between 10-15 matches:

Two matches were against fully formed 5-man premades, and I had one victory and a loss. All the other matches had assorted 2-man, 3-man and solo players. I went close to 50-50 on win rate. Surprisingly better than I usually do playing with my friends. Now, this is just my experience and a small test sample. It’s also on PS4, and maybe that makes a difference. I hear it’s the most popular platform.

I can’t speak to anyone elses experience, obviously. But if this is how it is to be a solo player, I really have nothing to complain about.

Sorry you’ve had a bad experience. I’m still very much enjoying the game. Team or not.

Yes it did. It still does.

Just to make sure people realize, competitive still uses ELO like before, its just casual that does not. So if you don’t like what you have seen in casual just play competitive instead. Doesn’t mean you can’t play pvp.

I solo-queue about 95% of the time. I can count on two hands the number of groups I play in, and I don’t think I’ve ever played on a 5-man team.

A lot of it has to do with the times I play (1AM - 3AM often) and the fact I enjoy the solo experience quite a bit.

In my experience, I would tend to side with @Skybane1239.

I have seen some very, very good pre-made teams, but no more often than I’ve seen five good players who just happen to win.

I wish that people would be allowed to avoid pre-mades, if only because of the psychological hit they receive when they see yellow bars, but I would be surprised if there is a real, statistically relevant effect. GBX has stated (in some post or another) that as of a few weeks ago, they weren’t seeing one.

I’m in the same boat as sbspalding.

I solo queue about 90% of my games because my friends don’t play when I play. When I am in a premade, it is usually with 1 or 2 others, but the biggest I’ve been in is a group of 4.

When I’m matched against a groupd of 5 that are pre-made, it doesn’t mean anything to me. I genearlly wait about 5 minutes in the game before I even think about it. It is at this point when you can generally tell if the team is being super co-ordinated and playing very seriously, or if they’re just a bunch of mates playing together for fun.

Maybe it is the hours I play, but I would say that less than 1 in 10 premade groups I come acrooss are serious that ruin our game in the way you’re saying. Generally they play on the same level as a bunch of solo-queues.

1 Like