High Definition Update for the handsome collection

Anyone know if there’s going to be any kind of charge for the update on the Handsome Collection? The remastered BLands is $30 so is the HC also going to cost?

1 Like

Where did you see the remaster BL1? I’m on X-Box and nothing has dropped in the store yet… I did get a small update a few mins ago but nothing UHD.

1 Like

It was just announced at the PAX East Gearbox Panel, but I don’t remember if they had a specific date for the announcement? There’s another big announcement coming April 3rd.

Edit: Trailer for the remaster:

1 Like

The OP posted a $30 price tag so I was asking where THEY saw THAT. I’m looking on X-Box and still no Remaster on the store.

1 Like

No, won’t be until April 3rd AIUI.

1 Like

UHD update is free for Handsome Collection. Remastered BL1 is a “new” game.

1 Like

I kinda understand why but it also sucks after the number of other remasters (Bioshock, Divinity: Original Sin and so on) where given free to owners of the original games.

I hope at the very least they offer a discounted upgrade option.

3 Likes

If you are playing on PC (and based on games you’ve listed, you are) I guess you don’t need to purchase Remastered BL1. It’s new only for consoles (PS4/XO), so players like me have to buy it, even if I own original BL1 for previous generation (PS3/X360). For me, it’s sucks, but if it’s not a full price I’m kinda ok with that.

2 Likes

As mentioned in the post above, there’s actually two things going on here. One is the remaster for current gen consoles, the other is the update to the version included with the PC Handsome Collection. If I understood the stream correctly, if you’ve already bought the PC HC on Steam, you’ll get the free update for BL1. I assume everything will be clarified on April 3rd though; no point worrying too much before then.

2 Likes

Go to Borderlands.com, click through the 3 panel header to get to Borderlands Game of the year panel, click pre-order.
Then you can pre-order a physical disk of the remaster for Xbox or PS4.
–RoA

2 Likes

And keep in mind that the Handsome Collection remaster full beauty is only for Xbox One X and PS4 Pro. Those of us with Xbox One S’s or original Xbox Ones will not see it.
–RoA

1 Like

Dang! Mind you, they did say 4K UHD, and only the XB1X and PS4 Pro do that.

1 Like

1 Like

This enhanced version will be known as the Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition, and existing owners of Borderlands 1 on Steam will be able to upgrade for free.

1 Like

what??! only on the Pro.

Yup. It’ll work on the standard one, but you don’t get the UltraHD graphics.
I’ve ordered my Xbox X, but I also realized that I need a new 62 inch 4k display to actually see it in my game lair. Off to Best Buy tomorrow.
One of the good things about being old and having worked 40 years in the computer business, I can buy stuff on impulse :slight_smile:
–RoA

1 Like

Cross play ps4 Xbox one?

1 Like

Cheers to you and GrzesPL for the responses.