Highly disappointed in Bloody Harvest this time

I love this event since i love Halloween but the drops this time are abysmal. I was lucky to get one vindicator grenade last year but nothing yet, only had two cloning drop so far at the most. For a timed event this is stupid. If you have a whole month to farm you would think there was hope or at least for the boss to drop dedicated but he’s a joke. Can i get some hope from you guys and gals out there, has anyone had any luck? This post is not for handouts but to maybe make its way back to devs or whoever that they missed the mark this year. Big disappointment!!

6 Likes

Yea, they fired it up this year with the original drop rates from last year. Last time they did eventually buff those, but it’s not looking like they will this time.

3 Likes

I agree. I’ve gotten dozens of base ghast Calls, and a gig pile of shields, but only 3 fear mongers, and 2 stalkers, and only 3 times has haunt spat out a dedicated event item. Every other I’ve gotten has dropped from a badass or loot ghosts. I would have liked to get some of the guns with non terror anoints, but doesn’t seem like it’s gonna happen, and definitely doesn’t look like I’m ever getting a vindicator.

5 Likes

gold ghosts were few and far between. Did get a vindicator though. and a couple of fearmongers, but am not wowed by the gear. Am experimenting with the anointments, though.

1 Like

You’re one of the lucky ones, i dont see much buzz about the drop rate of it. Consider yourself in a class by yourself. Congrats tho!!

1 Like

I’ll add one more, when a loot ghost does show up and it doesnt even drop a legendary that hits hard. I know rng is rng but this is for gear only obtainable during one month.

5 Likes

Sounds about right, haunt has only drop about 3 or 4 dedicated for me. Last year was better… at least for me.

1 Like

I agree with you. I haven’t seen a single Ghast Call period and I’ve run through the Heck Hole ~30 times so far.

I’ve heard people saying that the scraptrap farm on DLC2 is good for getting loot ghosts to spawn. Also might have luck in the Slaughter Shaft. Personally I just save file edited one for myself and called it quits.

4 Likes

If I can help, and remember correctly, the loot goes up closer towards Halloween and dwindles down after. Now, this may be an adjustment prior to having event disabling. But I can only give feedback from what I remember,… and I am getting older every day,…

1 Like

Lol you could be correct but dont get me started on the whole age thing.

1 Like

The only thing I was excited for is the new character and weapon skin. The drop rates are low and I had to turn the event off after completing the challenges because most of the terror anoints were more negatives for farming.

1 Like

Worst part for me is the bugged rewards.

1 Like

Cant believe this is even an issue. The event just seems like it was a copy and paste but i still love it. Halloween itself is my fav part of the year so i really enjoy the whole theme.

The drop rates are friggin’ low compared to last year. I could not sell the Fearmongers and Stalkers fast enough. I don’t know if this will help you, or it was just RNG, but worth a shot. While I was doing the loot ghost challenge, I went to farm the Scraptrap’s Nest. That’s the fastest and easiest way in my opinion. If I had terror applied (from skulls, not from guns), 3 times out of 5 at least one yellow Scraptrap spawned. I always saw them spawn when I had terror applied. I had like 10 Fearmongers and around 7-8 Stalkers dropped in 30-35 runs. Did not test it, so don’t take it for granted, just thought it might help. Still no Vindicator Ghast Call for me either.

2 Likes

Interesting, never though of that. Ill give it a go but i never take anything for granted in borderlands. I was one that wondered if i killed a boss to fast or with a certain weapon would that effect the drop :grin:. When you spend a lot of time farming your mind wonders lol.

Yeah I know. You just go blindly and still know what and who to shoot and in the same time you have the picture in front of you wondering if you fed your cat. “Did I put food in his bowl?” I can recall times with Graveward for example, when, at least that’s how it looked like, that killing him faster did affect the drop rates. Let me know if it was only my luck… I mean, RNG with the Scraptraps, or it really works.

1 Like

Will do.

@YIPIKIYA I would suggest you try the method suggested by @renfried. I have not actually farmed this at level 65, but when I was leveling my Zane to 65 the other day, I was getting a legendary loot ghost almost every Scraptrap run.

Just do the method where you kill Scraptrap, walk out of the room to the left edge of the container at the exit, and go back in the room. Scraptrap respawns. There are YT videos if you haven’t seen that method.

2 Likes

Yeah i use it and actually have a good system to get the ghost without the chaos. I use zanes drone to draw them to him and i found a perch they cant get to me and pick the ghost off with ease. Thanks for looking out tho. Any tips are welcome :wink:

2 Likes

I needed 17 loot ghost, I just finished doing the scraptrap nest. took about an hour and got 17 loot ghosts. kill the nest then when prime arrives run out the container exit, don’t fall off the ledge but hook around the left corner and it will reset the nest. I got 5-6 fearmongers, 2 stalkers, 2 ghast, 2 terror sheilds, but most importantly got the challenge.

2 Likes