Hoarder tink bug?

I just saw one for the first time in weeks of play. He also managed to vanish after getting out of my sight for a minute!

Grrr.

Bug?

Nope, you need to stick on 'em or they leave, by their various odd methods.

1 Like

In that case, when I run into one, I’ll chuck my Cryo MIRV grenade at him and try to freeze him in place! :wink: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks! I had no idea. How did ‘you’ learn it? lol

That is a very good idea about the grenades…

1 Like

I don’t know if you can freeze them.

I watched one I was chasing dig a hole and dive in, that may have been the Jabber version, I think the Tinks open portals like Diablo Loot Goblins. Made a note to kill them as fast as possible after that :grin:

2 Likes

I’m not a 100% sure about tinks (though I thought they would dig their way out like thieving jabbers, since they also have pickaxes?), but yeah, the escape’s an intended new mechanic.

About other “loot” enemies: Psycho looters keep a weird pole in their hand and, after a while, they’ll hold it up and create a purple portal above them, then proceed to jump through it.
Fallen guardians use the “light ball” between their shoulders to project a laser that also opens a portal above, then they slowly ascend through it.
Chubby skags, bloated rakks and “bright” grogs, on the other hand, don’t try fleeing.

Let me know if I missed anything!

2 Likes

VERY interesting. Thank you. I have to ask, how did you learn this? (For a friend). Just by observation? In BL 3, I’ve yet to see any chubby skags, bloated rakks or bright grogs…

1 Like

You’re welcome!

Yes, I let a few of them run away just to check out their animation in Normal Mode :sweat_smile:
As for where to find the ones you mentioned, bloated rakks are fairly common, you’ll surely come across too many of them in the Cistern of Slaughter, but you could see them anywhere other rakks are. Chubby skags are rarer spawns, and I guess you can find them pretty much everywhere on Pandora (so far, I’ve seen them in The Droughts and Ascension Bluff, for example). As for Bright Grogs, I saw my first and only one a few days ago in the Trial of Instinct.

1 Like