Holy rubberbanding, Batman!

[Spoiler: Problem solved. Reinstalling the game seems to have done the trick. Simple as that. No more rubberbanding.]

Just finished Episode 1 playing solo, and wow, that was a LOT of rubberbanding! Only caused one death, but it added a whole new, unwanted challenge throughout the mission. I played this episode through twice during beta, once solo, once with my girlfriend, and had no issues either time then. Anyone have any ideas? Playing on a PC.

Beyond that, super fun!

1 Like

Much rubberbanding on the Ps4 east coast here.

1 Like

Same issue here in Western Australia. I contacted support and they basically told me to turn it off and on again. Failing that they said to uninstall and reinstall the game, which I’m not going to do because it’ll take forever. Finally they said it may be an issue with my internet connection although it works fine with everything else. :disappointed:

Yeah East Coast ps4 player here and have had the same issue tonight, despite my internet working fine. It makes playing characters like Orendi near impossible due to the importance of her shadow-flame pillar’s position. Many times I would drop it down, just to have it appear to my right where i was facing previously.

Argh… Even worse tonight. I was happy to see the Prologue was brought back for replays (thanks Gearbox!) so I wanted to go back and find some of the things I seemingly missed the first time through. About five minutes into actual game play, and I finally gave up. Dialogue was stacking with the delays and jumps. When I went into my helix for the first augment, it wouldn’t acknowledge my selection, and when I closed out of it, the time slow from being in the helix carried on for another five seconds or so. I cleared the first fence, opened the loot coffin, but before I could pick up the orbs, I was rubberbanded back outside the fence.

I play on an less than a year old, Alienware Area-51 with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 graphics card, but I tried lowering my graphics settings anyway to no avail. Internet connection is just fine. After continuing to ping-pong around for a bit more, I decided it wasn’t worth the frustration tonight.

Ryballs, I have the same reluctance of reinstalling the game, too, and doesn’t seem a likely fix in the first place. Gonna try it anyway, just to see. Will report tomorrow. Anyone else experiencing this and finding a fix?

Tried playing the prologue on the Xbox One disc version of the game and rubber banding way to much to every enjoy a moment of the game. Gave up after 3 attempts/restarts. Trying to uninstall and reinstall now. Will update if this helps with the problem (same issue with Overwatch Beta)

Reinstalling the game seems to have done the trick! Simple as that! No more rubberbanding.

And the Prologue is really fun to do again, too! First time through, I didn’t really get a feel for how Mellka played until the very end. This time, I could really play with her, and she’s rather awesome! Her lunge attack made me think of playing Zer0 a but, but with a lot more bounce. Looking forward to keep digging in more!

What is rubberbanding??

rubberbanding
This occurs in online gaming when latency is relatively high. Players (or yourself) will appear to move in one direction, and then suddenly be teleported back several feet where they once were a few seconds ago.