Homeworld 2 Remastered Graphics Issue

(Te5 La) #1

I pre-ordered this on Steam and it is unplayable as I can’t even read the menus. My system is Intel i7-2600k, 16 GB 2166 MHz, Gigabyte GTX-680 and my monitor’s native resolution is 2560x1440.

Looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/eqmzx9v.png

(BitVenom) #2

Heya, sorry to hear that. Head over to Gearbox Support - There may be an item there that helps, or you can enter a report. In addition, check your Nvidia control panel - make sure the game is set to use the Nvidia card (not auto) - and check that ‘shader cache’ is off. I am giving you advice I saw elsewhere - I myself don’t have that panel to give you a more clear set of directions. The GBX support site may have already got that covered though. Otherwise, somebody here will have tips, I am sure. Your machine in terms of spec should be great - maybe confirm you’ve got the latest and greatest drivers too?

(Te5 La) #3

My drivers are up to date. I blindly pressed buttons until I got into the game. The audio was fine but the screen was white and would flash every five seconds or so briefly with graphics. I finally displayed graphics and looked like this. Boy, what a fantastic remastering!

(El Rizzo) #4

Do you use any program that can bring up an on-screen display such as MSI-Afterburner, Trillian etc. ? If thats the case, you got your culprit right there. I had the exact same glitches on the carrier when I had Afterburner running and when I turned it off the glitches were gone. I could reproduce the effects, so it wasn’t a lucky hit or something, currently the game simply has a problem with certain overlays (steam overlay or Fraps works fine for example).

1 Like
(Te5 La) #5

I did not have a lot of time before leaving for work this morning, but knowing I had Overwolf running, I closed it to see if it was the culprit. Same thing. Then I decided just to close everything that was non-essential and BINGO, it worked!

My hat is off to you, good job. I’ll have to track down what actually caused it by closing one thing at a time, but to show my appreciation, I will gift you a game. I have a lot of extra Steam/Origin keys laying around.

How would you like Natural Selection 2 on Steam?

Let me know. Thanks.

(El Rizzo) #6

Glad I could help you out, but there is no need to gift me anything, I just happened to have the same problem and found the solution a day earlier :smiley: and I have Natural Selection 2 already anyway :stuck_out_tongue: (tho I don’t really play it, damn steam sales :smiley: )

But I appreciate the gesture ! :slight_smile:

(Te5 La) #7

Yeah, I have about 50 games I’ve never claimed.

Thanks, again!

(Pandorazero) #8

For the correct operation of MSI Afterburner, you need to configure Rivatuner Statistics Select the option Vector3D in Rivatuner Statistics and everything will work.
Video https://youtu.be/6n225tksauM

(How much time do we have?) closed #9
(How much time do we have?) #10

Please check the date on a post/thread for replying. No thread wants to live again after four years of quiet sleep!