Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak DLC "SOBAN FLEET PACK" Coming March 22nd!

(Influencer Guy) #1

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak’s first downloadable content pack, SOBAN FLEET PACK is coming to Steam on March 22nd!

Kiith Soban are a highly respected force within the Northern Coalition. Although their tactical prowess is renowned, it is their ability to leverage advanced military technologies to deliver devastating long-range attacks, disrupt enemy movements, and manipulate the battlefield that has made them one of the most effective fleets to enter the battlefield in years.

This classified dossier is part of an official inquiry into the Kriil Engagement involving a Soban carrier group going up against a Gaalsien fleet out near the Tarsis Line. It contains an interview with a Soban First Officer that dramatically sheds light on the incident, the Soban’s unique abilities, and the prospective strategies one will either battle against or employ in future multiplayer matches. The fiction itself mirrors real-life matches and techniques.

This fleet pack will add the new playable fleet, Kiith Soban, to multiplayer and skirmish modes in Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak. The Soban Fleet includes an all new CARRIER, RAILGUN, BASERUNNER and BATTLECRUISER, as well as unique Soban textures for all units and new Soban Carrier Captain voiceover and processing.

(robertpdot) #2

I’m sure it will look beautiful.

It’s unfortunate this won’t breath life back into the game. The first two weeks after launch were some of the best homeworld games I’d ever played (DoK and lots of RM with increased interest), a map and balance changes here and there won’t change it.

7 bucks for a skin and some unique abilities, “ALL NEW [OF THE SAME UNITS]” without any other information? This doesn’t interest me and won’t interest many who thought DoK would be bigger than it was.

(doci7) #3

I’m interested! ‘Pumped’ even!

(Lazer72) #4

Fix the damn AI first.

(JAViL15) #5

While it’s awesome to see this game getting more support, I almost feel like Deserts of Kharak needed to be in development for another few months.

The singleplayer was excellent, but the MP was missing critical features like a decent map pool, worldwide matchmaking, replay support and faction variety (which is what this DLC is starting to fix).

If only the game released on March 22 in the state it currently is in. Even if Kiith Soban was day 1 DLC I could understand something like that, and I would probably even consider picking this up because there was an actual multiplayer community to play this with.