Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak

(Nathanius) #1

I can’t believe I’m the one posting this, but here it is :smiley:

Existing HWR owners get a 20% discount on the preorder, everyone else gets HWR for free as a bonus until 21/01/16!

(RedDevil) #3

Looks awesome! I’m normally 100% against pre-orders, but I went for this one.

(P5ynergy) #4

Is that ship on the trailer splash screen identifiable?

(Chimas) #5

IDK, but this one is intriguing me more:

(Where's lucky?) #6

http://www.relicnews.com/homeworld/hw-articles/better-than-pants/

I think this is a good time to remind everyone of this article

(aka LightBRz) #7

I bought as a gift to my wife account, nailed it.

(Astrospud) #8

My question is, as an early backer of Hardware: Shipbreakers (before GB aquired IP) do I still get the game for free, as was promised by BBI?

(13456) #9

So, is this game planned to release not on steam? I love Homeworld series enough to contemplate 100 pound plastic mothership but had to pass on remastered because it was steam only. Don’t want to pass on that one, too.

(Trance4Life) #10

The game Will be release only in Steam? Or in dvd too?
Do want in dvd

(13456) #11

If it’s going to use steam services for multiplayer, dvd won’t help much.

(Trance4Life) #12

I know. I’m talking about have physical format to collect
I have both versions of Homeworld Remastered Collectors. I want to have the box and all inside it

(Nathanius) #13

Doing the same for my girlfriend :smiley:

(Sastrei) #14

Double entendres are fun.

(Chimas) #15

I’m wondering the same thing, but I’m giving more time to see if an e-mail pops up …

(Drakolombardi) #16

Wow I didn’t know it was gonna come out this soon. This is just nuts, I was happy to wait a couple more years if need be. But hey I’m not complaining. And oh man “By entering into space, you’ve seen the stars…We can tolerate this no longer” feeling the tingles on my neck. Can’t wait to play this! Also is there a physical CE coming out? I’d gladly pay w/e amount to support BBI. I can’t wait to see if they gonna work on a sequel or something. Awesome time to be a HW fan. But ya physical CE please please, I’ll buy it up. And all my friends will too, just like we did the remaster.

(Drakolombardi) #17

Also on a separate note, what the heck is going on at Relic News? Have they decided to go back to exclusive relic stuff or something? They haven’t posted any news on shipbreakers/Deserts of Kharak in a long time. And there has been news worthy stuff to put up there. I wonder if the people that run the site just don’t update it much anymore or something. They really need a BBInews.com imho…

(Flure99) #18

gearbox should release the patch for a game they released in beta status. homeworld multiplayer is still dead - everyone is waiting for the “big patch” and now GB release a new game ?!

(Where's lucky?) #19

From the video description

On January 20, 2016, you’re invited to lead the expedition that started
it all in Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak, a ground-based sci-fi RTS from
Blackbird Interactive, a studio founded by veterans of the Homeworld and
Company of Heroes franchises.

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak takes
players to the deserts of Kharak where danger lurks over every dune.
Before you can find your Homeworld, you must first unlock the secrets of
the desert.

Blackbird was making this as a spiritual successor to homeworld but did not have the rights to it. When Gearbox bought the rights to Homeworld they reached out to Blackbird to make this an official Homeworld game and offer support.

So this shouldn’t have much to do with Gearbox patching Homeworld Remastered.

Also I don’t disagree that they should get the patch out.

(Not actually Jesus Christ) #20

So you DID read it! :wink:

Finally! Pre-ordering is what I’ll do as soon as I can! Also, could this have a sub-category under Homeworld or something? Because it deserves one! :wink:
@JeffyBug or @JoeKGBX

(Jeffybug) #21

Working on Homeworld: DOK forums right now. They’ll be up soon today.

Also – I can confirm that there are no plans for a physical collector’s edition at this time.

Some special edition?