Homeworld Project with Tripwire Interactive?

So, I was doing research on the Unreal Engine for reasons, but this caught my eye:

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games

Anyone know what’s up with this or even if it’s true? I sent a message to Tripwire earlier to try to get a comment from the horses mouth, but I’m sure they’re busy. Some light on this would be nice…

thanks,
-TM

1 Like

As much as I love Homeworld would this even work? What would be the point? Flesh out backstory and canon? Surely a better way to do that would be a Homeworld sequel/prequel?

And Gearbox is listed too…interesting. Not sure how you’d mesh it with the Homeworld universe. If it’s good, and it’s Homeworld. Or heck, even if it’s just Homeworld, I’ll buy it! :slight_smile:

Just got a response from TripWire @ 5:30 PM EST, Dec. 8, 2015:

So I’m not sure what’s going on. Hopefully this isn’t some cruel joke.

-TM

I would not be okay with this.

There’s probably room in the setting for a good shooter, but in my experience broad multi-genre and mutli-media franchises are not conducive to good stories.

That said, a random unsourced wikipedia edit with direct denial by the company is a pretty tenuous thing to get worked up about either way.

I was just thinking of Tripwire Interactive actually and saw this post.

They released Red Orchestra 2 and it was a terrible launch. However, they have stuck with the game and supported it for the last five years! That’s what I call support. Their products may have problems, but they have proven themselves to stick with it.

They have earned my customer loyalty, my accolades, and my respect.