Homeworld Remastered Collection Original Soundtracks Out Now!

https://gearboxsoftwarecom.s3.amazonaws.com/images/_/20150304/f8922b9e998edcd511fe9ea72f37f90e5d3e19d4_500x281.jpg

Since the launch of Homeworld Remastered Collection last week, we’ve been getting tons of letters asking when the games’ original soundtracks will be available to download. Today we’re happy to announce that the music of Homeworld Remastered Collection is now available on Steam!

Owners of Homeworld Remastered Collection can now pick up the Homeworld 1 Remastered and Homeworld 2 Remastered Original Soundtracks, both composed by Paul Ruskay, for $7.99 each. Each soundtrack includes both .mp3 and FLAC format audio files. For more information, check out the Steam Store listings:

Homeworld 1 Remastered Original Soundtrack
Homeworld 2 Remastered Original Soundtrack

UPDATE: As a thank you from Gearbox and composer Paul Ruskay, all Collector’s Edition owners will be receiving FREE download codes for both of the remastered soundtracks at the email address that they registered their CE with! Give us a few days to sort out the logistics and keep an eye out here, and on Homeworld Twitter and Facebook for updates on code distribution.

Customers who have not yet received their Collector’s Editions can receive their download codes directly from our support team by submitting a ticket at http://support.gearboxsoftware.com.

6 Likes

i feel like this should have been free for those of us who bought the collector’s edition :confused:

also who on earth would buy only 1 of the soundtrack? a bundle at 10$ would have been a way more fair price honestly

3 Likes

I agree, it should have been part of collector edition !

For what it’s worth, most of the sales of the original soundtracks is going directly Paul Ruskay for his awesome work remastering these tracks for the game!

6 Likes

Really, I think CE owners could be offered this… is that possible at all? I don’t think it’s fair to make us pay more, when we supported the re-release of this franchise we love so much.

Wholeheartedly agreed! This would also be so easy to do given that all of us Collector’s Edition owners had to register our codes at “http://www.homeworldremastered.com/redeem”. It would be great if we could receive complimentary Steam codes for the soundtracks given the amount of money we paid for the game! :wink:

1 Like

Still disappointed there’s no Yes’s “Homeworld”… Then again, the original OST never had it either.

Also I bought the Collector’s Edition.

I’m pretty sure purchase of the CE entitled you to the CE…

…In much the same way that purchase of the soundtrack gets you the soundtrack.

I know, capitalism is a crazy system.

4 Likes

^ This! Didn’t hesitate a second before buying it.

Will it be available on iTunes?

The team is exploring other distribution channels, but for now the only place is Steam. No ETA on other channels at this time.

1 Like

Paul Ruskay has graciously offered to hook up all of the CE customers with codes to download the soundtracks. See the update below for more details! Big thanks to Paul for allowing us to do this. Please help support him by letting friends and family know about the soundtrack :smile:

[quote]UPDATE: As a thank you from Gearbox and composer Paul Ruskay, all Collector’s Edition owners will be receiving FREE download codes for both of the remastered soundtracks at the email address that they registered their CE with! Give us a few days to sort out the logistics and keep an eye out here, and on Homeworld Twitter and Facebook for updates on code distribution.

Customers who have not yet received their Collector’s Editions can receive their download codes directly from our support team by submitting a ticket at http://support.gearboxsoftware.com.[/quote]

9 Likes

Oh my God, you guys continue to blow my mind with this release! :smiley:

I have just finished Homeworld 1 Remastered and had the one of the best gaming experiences in almost 2 entire decades! I was just going to start Homeworld 2 Remastered, but decided to check if there were any further developments on the soundtrack side. What else can I say, THANK YOU ever so much Gearbox and, most of all, Paul Ruskay for this extremely kind gesture! I’m sure I’m speaking for every Homeworld fan when I say that Homeworld simply wouldn’t be Homeworld without his out-of-this-world music!

Kudos maestro, you are simply the best! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Paul Ruskay is a jolley good fellow!
For he is a jolley good fellow…
That nobody can deny! :smile:

3 Likes

Awesome to hear! Thx paul! Now ill just have to contact support since i redeemed my community day 2013 code an was planing on giving my CE code away during our tournament final XD

Best course of action for you would be to redeem your CE code and hang on to the Steam Key. Pass the Steam Key along to your tourney winner and keep the soundtrack keys for yourself!

2 Likes

CE Owner here. How do I register my game/e-mail address to make sure I get the soundtrack? Is simply having an account here enough?

Oh! So redeeming the CE key will give me seperated key? I tought it would be a single key for both the game and the soundtrack, thanks for the clarification i am good then!

Lol, and after all the effort I went to to yank them out of the BIG files last night. This is much better though! :smiley: So glad they’re released already, I’m dying to listen to everything!

Your CE contained a code that you redeemed for your HWRC Steam key. When you redeemed your CE code, you had to put in an email address on the redemption site. We’ll be sending Steam Keys to the email address you entered when you redeemed your CE code!

2 Likes