Homeworld Remastered Infection Beam Script

Shoot me a PM and I’ll go through it with you in depth :slight_smile:

THE INFECTION BEAM SCRIPT IS FINALLY COMPLETE AND FULLY OPERATIONAL! I DID IT GUYS!

Now I need to add more infect-able ships to the infection list

3 Likes

The Virus Is Spreading…

2 Likes

I have seen this video and the Beast Infection works perfectly. I just love the way that it subverted the Taiidan carrier into itself. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks. @Nathanius pointed me in the right direction. Now I am using my time to fix the beast carrier and beast heavy cruiser so they can infect ships as well.

2 Likes

Nice! Well done for your perseverence on this one.

To stop the ship “flipping” round when it gets converted, you can track the coordinate system of the old sobgroup and apply it to the new one.

1 Like

Any clue on how to track it?

Use SobGroup_GetCoordSys(<SobGroup>) to get the coordinate system (rotation) of a ship.

Use SobGroup_SetTransform(<SobGroup>) to set the coordinate system (rotation) of a ship.

3 Likes

@dom2 How could this be used to spawn an infected ship in the position and rotation of the non infected one?

1 Like

Sorry I’ve had a busy couple of days. I’ll respond as soon as I can - I’ll need to extract a bit of code from my platform script that will be useful for you.

2 Likes

for reference: [SOLVED][SCRIPTING] Matrix3_GetVector3FromCol

2 Likes

You don’t even need that probably. You can just store the variables and plug them into the functions to reposition the new ship, e.g.

temppos = SobGroup_GetPosition(OldGroup)
tempcoords = SobGroup_GetCoordSys(OldGroup)

SobGroup_SetPosition(NewGroup, temppos)
SobGroup_SetTransform(NewGroup, tempcoords)

Where OldGroup is the sobgroup of the ship you are capturing, NewGroup is the sobgroup of the ship you are spawning to replace it.

5 Likes

Well, I was posting from my phone, since my computer took a crap, and its hard to type out code on my phone. :smile:

3 Likes

Woot sounds great

1 Like

I’m back on for now. My main PC can’t access the forums anymore. Keeps saying “forums.gearboxsoftware.com unexpectedly closed the connection.” I will need help for this if I’m to show updates for you all. For now, go to moddb for updates. I will see what I can do to get my PC working again.

1 Like

@VaultHunter101 – FYI

2 Likes

I’ve already contacted him

Parts shall feast soon.

1 Like

We Will TAKE YOU!

Those were the golden days

1 Like