(Leviathans Wrath) #21

All bow to herb god

0 Likes

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #22

Can we see some screenshots?

1 Like

(Charvell) #23

@LeviathansWrath
Just the person I want to talk to! I was wondering if you still had old Homeworld 1 tools?
I need ‘HwToolz’ for making entries into ‘textures.ll’ file… also, I have ‘hwse’ 139 and 140 but can’t get them to run on Win 7. I lost a lot of stuff in my last upgrade. “stupid”.

I don’t suppose I gave you my HW1 R2 Mothership model…

0 Likes

(ajlsunrise) #24

@herbyguitar:

0 Likes

(Charvell) #25

I have them all but ‘HwToolz’ isn’t in there. I have a ‘HwTools.rar’ file but the cab file inside is corrupt and I can’t extract it.

0 Likes

(Leviathans Wrath) #26

Arfff I don’t know, have to look around

0 Likes

(Charvell) #27

My biggest conserns are:
Finding a copy of ‘HwToolz’
Getting ‘hwse’ working.

0 Likes

(Leviathans Wrath) #28

Only I got are the books uploaded to moddb

0 Likes

(Charvell) #29

Been trying to figure out how to get screenshots to work. Haven’t found it yet. Any ideas?

0 Likes

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #30

On my setup scroll lock does it.

0 Likes

(Charvell) #31

I don’t have a scroll lock. I may have to get a different keyboard or figure out what the code for scroll lock is and modify the code to use a different button…

0 Likes

(Charvell) #32

3 Likes

(Charvell) #33

I started playing HWRM again the other day after not seeing it for quite a while, just to see what I was missing and get another look at the eye candy. The opening movies and scenes were fantastic. When the game started playing the NIS movies I was stunned at how awful and gaudy the mothership looked. Reminded me of the rich woman with the 35 carrot rock on her finger. All the ships were way over produced and lumpy and bumpy and looked nothing like futuristic space ships. Reminded me of bad Picasso paintings. I was soooo let down. Now I wonder what anyone sees in a lot of the newer games and the RM game other than gaudy eye candy. Even the physics are bad. I’ve come to the conclusion that simpler is better with details painted on and not stuck on like lumps of coal. It seems people think that the more bumps and right angles you can put on a ship the better it looks. Try stepping away from the game for a while and then going back to it. You ‘may’ be surprised at how deceived you were. You may find that using your polys more wisely, where they are really needed like on curves and transitions instead of saving them for bumps and right angles may get you a more artistic end result. You may even alter your modding perspective.

2 Likes

(Leviathans Wrath) #34

Herb has spoken

0 Likes

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #35

Well, I don’t know. I actually like what they did with the remastered Kushan mothership. I like the bridge area being bathed in lights and the extra lights on the bottom section.

But it’s really a case of each to his own. They had to do some interpretation and taste comes into that… There are some ships that I would have done differently, but on the whole I like what they did. My favourites are the Turanic raiders.

0 Likes

(Leviathans Wrath) #36

Still improve ments can be done

0 Likes

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #37

Are you proposing a re-remastered mod?

0 Likes

(Leviathans Wrath) #38

Now that’s just plain crazy

1 Like

(Charvell) #39
0 Likes

(Gregorymthompso1) #40

Wow, those look good. I look forward to seeing them in game too.

0 Likes