Homeworld Weekend Marathon (August 12-14)

Hey guys. We got a bunch of people that are planning on being on teamspeak and playing multiplayer all weekend long and day and night. Who will be there? The marathon will be held this weekend August 12-14. Peak hours will be between 5PM-12AM Eastern Standard time on Friday, and 3PM-12AM Saturday and Sunday.

We will be playing skilled games on new custom maps and playing custom challenge maps (such as 2v6 close quarters maps with the AI) created by Mazerguru.

In addition, new players seeking to gain experience and wishing to learn the game will be given preference and training throughout the course of the weekend. It is the primary goal and focus of the event to train new players and provide a role for them in the community to use their skills in.

Therefore, all players of any age and skill level are welcome and deeply encouraged to attend this event. I look forward to seeing all of you.

Teamspeak Server: binarypioneer.noip.me
NO Password

To get Patch Preview:

1. Go to your Steam Library and right click on Homeworld Remastered.

2. Select properties and click on the betas tab

3. Click on the “select the beta you would like to opt into” dropdown box and pick “patch_preview - Preview for upcoming patches”

4. Under enter the beta access code to unlock private betas, enter: ilovehomeworld

5. Click on check code and the beta will download.

Be sure to restart your game if you are currently running it while the download is occurring and you may need to even restart your computer. If you have any questions feel free to post them here or ask about it on teamspeak.

8 Likes

Just say no.

No, wait, say yes, get on teamspeak, and connect to 1001.noip.me!

2 Likes

Azrael,
I will be there this weekend with my fellow guru’s, looking forward to it… anyone who is new to the game should show up, we will have people there that may be able to help you out if needed. Oldtimers, please come, we need you to help keep the multiplayer community alive.

Mazerguru

2 Likes

of course i will be there!!! i get on almost everyday and i hope to see more on this forum and whoever else wants to play this game!! and yes, join our homeworld teamspeak, 1001.noip.me

3 Likes

It’s a weekend thang! :+1:

3 Likes

Count me in.

2 Likes

Hi Azrael!
Thanks for the heads up message!
@b8factor and I are unsure of our weekend plans right now, but we may be playing with you too!
@Gameg1rl

3 Likes

110% keen, will be on. Can’t wait!

1 Like

I will…
hope to see you all there… thx

how do you reach “noip.me” servers
www. or http. does not work… should i sign in to a web site…
when i write “www.noip.me”, a web site opens “freedns.noip.com

r we gonna play on lan or at hwr multiplayer? you should explain me what to do…sorry

and another thing…if we play on our ip, is not it better to play on hwr multiplayer…it is dying…we have to keep it crowded…
or maybe it will be crowded again after september(summer time)

1 Like

1001.noip.me is the teamspeak address.

Teamspeak is a voip program to help us communicate.

3 Likes

I will be getting involved! Vaygrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :grimacing:

1 Like

Will it be on the preview version? I think I will be able to join, but won’t be on ts cuz I feel like a ret@rd with my accent :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

my game is v2.205…last patch_preview has been installed…what about you?
hope not incompatible eachother

1 Like

It should be the most recent version of the preview patch, that’s what tends to be used on the weekends.

1 Like

Yes it will be on the patch preview version. Kadeshi many people for all over the world get on our teamspeak so we’d love to have you on the server. Plus it would be easier to communicate with your teammates :slight_smile:

LightofHiigara brought me into this mess so count me in, haven’t played in months, but I’m willing to learn again!

2 Likes

Welcome back! Yeah, we have many talented and fun people that would be willing to teach you how to play if you’d like. Also, if anyone wants to stop by and join the teamspeak server before or after the event feel free to do so. We have people on every day of the week playing games, creating new maps, testing new strategies, etc…

1 Like

I’m not free this weekend but I will be free next week. I’m free anytime for just about anything during the week and every other weekend. On team speak the majority of the time as well

2 Likes

I’m just mopping up on a final exam assignment, hell yea im down for this!

3 Likes

Long time no chat Homeworld bretherens!

I will be there and ready to go!

1 Like