Horizontal/Vertical Splitscreen?

I would agree with that, even made that comment awhile back that all the issues will be fixed when they release their Game of the Year Super COV Twin Edition on the newer consoles.

I also agree with you that they will make the text bigger and make it sound like they went above and beyond to appease their customers.

#Borderlands76

4 Likes

At this point I could care less how they spin it. I just want it done.

2 Likes

Same here, or at a minimum either acknowledgement from Gearbox that either

A) It is being worked on (not Looked at, not Aware of it or Not at this time)

or

B) It will not be implemented

1 Like

They keep saying that they are looking into it.

The community managers here, Noelle and RapZowsdower, have both passed these issues on to the Dev team. They do know there’s a problem. It would just be nice to see them take this as a bit more of a priority.

I fear that all of the split-screen issues are at the bottom of their to-do list. And that’s probably a very very long list right now.

1 Like

I am more than sure that paid content has way more of a priority than anything else but at the rate they are going seems everything they have “updated” has been a disaster.

Not only here but on other social media platforms (ie Twitter) there is constant request to address the split screen issues since the games release and yet here we are with no more information than what we knew when we purchased the game blindly expecting it to be in. Like yourself I am tired though of the same cut and paste answers we have gotten from this company. I will though commend the moderators though, they do help but there is only so much they can do other than pass the issues on. What happens after that is the unknown.

3 Likes

GO VOTE.

7 Likes

I’m not sure where vertical split would fall in their list of “to do’s” as you mentioned. I don’t play split screen, but I remember playing split screen a lot as a kid. Horizontal split is awful, and when I heard that there wasnt a vertical option for a game in 2020 I was flabbergasted. I do hope they can find the time to fit this in their schedule.

2 Likes

I actually prefer horizontal, but vertical should still be an option. Especially this day and age with the ultra wide TVs. I’m mostly here griping about the split screen performance and UI problems. It’s basically unplayable in its current state.

1 Like

Yeah back when I was playing split screen with friends we had old world TV’s with a lot squarer screen sizes. This made horizontal split a little easier with better FoV. But now all TV’s/monitors are widescreen sized.

If you are going to offer a feature in a game in 2020, it needs to be fully incorporated. Why was this not mentioned when someone said “let’s let it be splitcreen compatible”. At least, as you said give players the option for vertical split.

3 Likes

Maybe gearbox needs to watch this one. Skip to 4:02 for the good stuff. Just a quick flip of the toggle and poof, you got vertical split.

9 Likes

Good find. You can absolutely see that vertical has the better overall field of view, and horizontal has next to ZERO vertical view. Kind of important in a game with enemies flying above you and the ability to climb.

1 Like

This ^. Please vote for vertical split-screen in the poll. So far it only has 7 votes. I know there’s more than 7 of us in this thread.

4 Likes

I just voted for vertical split. Come on friends, only 8 votes so far.

4 Likes

I also joined the vote for split.

3 Likes

Wait, wait, what? We can have 3 & 4-player split-screen? Maybe for the next gen consoles. Looks like I need to start saving.

1 Like

UE4 has that functionality. Whether GBX can utilize it is another story.

True true, I’m just being greedy. I’d settle for basic stability at this point.

1 Like

Stability and performance would be divine.

2 Likes

I think the situation with UE4 is not unlike the situation with the new consoles we’re starting to see (even though we’re still a long way from retail). Manufacturers are saying what they will be capable of in terms of resolution and frame rate, and some developers have already stated that their games won’t run at those high settings because they’ve chosen to use the system resources differently.

Or in the case of BL3 “use all of the system resources unnecessarily”.

4 Likes