Horizontal/Vertical Splitscreen?

Oooh, they fixed some grammar this week. Thank god that finally got done… sigh

3 Likes

Well its about time! Maybe it was the misspelled words that is causing my XB1X to crash and the split screen to be a mess.

3 Likes

I bet those reported localization concerns fix that right up too!

2 Likes

Tried the game again last night with my wife. We didn’t even make it an hour before having to stop. We play on PS4 Pro on a 60" Samsung 4k HRD+ TV. It’s amazing just how bad it really is still. Honestly, to me, the whole menu UI just feels… clunky… even in single player. I’m holding out hope that they’ll announce a generalized UI overhaul to include vertical split-screen. Maybe when we see the PS5 re-master…

4 Likes

Maybe…at this point my faith in this company is non existent and even if they did release a Super Duper (enter whatever text you want here) Edition I would most likely pass.

3 Likes

So apparently this was in yesterday’s patch…

Has anyone here had a chance to test it? I tried last night and still couldn’t scroll in the modifier list. Am I missing something here?

1 Like

Apparently us splitscreeners have given up the game, at least until they fix it… It’s sad to hear that the scrollbar is still not working, we will have to keep waiting I suppose.

8 Likes

I wonder if we’ll ever get to play this properly… in two months it’ll be the anniversary of the day I bought the most expensive door stopper ever. 365 days is surely enough to fix a split screen…

4 Likes

Some of us are still holding out hope. But it’s dwindling.

1 Like

I’m hoping - mainly because I know the developer mindset. Developers want to take pride in their product, and I believe the ones involved want to fix it. Where my hope hits a brick wall is I also understand that developers of AAA titles are beholden to publishers for up-front cash and this publisher has shown they are more interested in sales and reviews than in a fully polished game. It’s ironic because other games in their stable got proper treatment. Just frustrating overall.

3 Likes

The Devs really do care. I honestly believe that. However, like you said, they are restricted by the publishers.

1 Like

That’s the worst part of it all, the ones that truly do want to fix it and take pride in the game they created are strong armed into making decisions they probably don’t agree with.

1 Like

Been playing Borderland since BL1 with the missus (gf back then wife now) and when we learned that BL4 had no vertical split screen I very nearly cancelled my preorder. In the end I didn’t but a part of me wishes I had as we cannot play together, it’s been almost a year waiting to play this game together and enjoy it but as it stands it’s utterly unplayable. It’s not like we have a small tv either, we have a 55 4K oled hdr10 LG tv and only soy about 2m from the screen and STILL the text is so small it’s unreadable. At this point I’ve given up hope the game will ever be playable in local couch coop. Very disappointed Gearbox.

7 Likes

I don’t know, maybe Borderlands 3 is the pinnacle of game creation and thus switching a horizontal splitcreen to a vertical one takes over a year but with the time that has passed other companies release a full game, even if it’s a bad one… I don’t want to critisize nor be negative about it (I have to admit I lost 99% of hope on it) but I actually want to play the game with my husband and also without worrying my PS4 Pro will blow out due overheating. I hope by September GBX will say something about it.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Only jumped in to this in the last few days and experienced the same frustration that you all have. I was able to get it so I could read text and, you know, see what I was shooting at/collecting by sitting really close to the TV, but my wife was not such a fan of this plan, so she was stuck with squinting at a letterbox on our otherwise big TV. 15 minutes of frustrating gameplay and we had to give up because she was feeling ill. Anyway, we’re pretty late to the game (only got it a couple of days ago), so I can only sympathise with those of you who have been waiting for months.

In case it will do any good, I’ve decided to start tweeting at the Borderlands, Gearbox and 2K Games together to see if it could eventually get someone relevant to take a look. I don’t know if I’m allowed to post links, but anyone else who wants to jump in and reply to see if we can get someone to pay attention, with a lockdown on, all we need is for them to allow one or two devs to look at the issue and it couldn’t take too long, hopefully. Especially if they’ve done any work on this at any point.

https://twitter.com/lezlaig/status/1284907715983179777

Thanks to everyone who’s been working away at this for months already. I don’t know if it’s possible for a late arrival to achieve anything, but if we can keep pressure up, who knows. Maybe one slow day they’ll get on it and we can all play a game we love with the people we love (or housemates or whatever).

2 Likes

Huh, I never saw this one…

We’re looking into vertical split screen, but the team is currently working on reported performance issues. We’re looking to address those first.

That was from October 3rd.

Sadly I think a lot of people here have given up at this point.

2 Likes

I’ve not. I’ve made it a point to ask in live streams, as Twitter replies, etc about this feature. I remember that tweet about performance issues. That’s what made me snarkily decide they’re waiting on the PS5 to resolve their performance issues. If it’s too shoddy to work efficiently on current hardware, wait for stronger hardware to ‘solve’ it. Didn’t Apple pioneer that approach? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Granted they did force this out at the end of the current gen console lifetime. Really wish they had waited another couple years to hammer these problems out.

1 Like

Hey i dunno if i posted in here or another forum. But i understand unreal engine a bit

I posted the map scripts for vertical horizontal already. Its not complicated.

So its really a choice for them. Probably they encounterrd menu resolution bugs or some crap i can’t figure out. The new menus still are weird to this day

I appreciate them i really do but… The interface lags enoough for players to exploit the game. Making copies… Giving extra talent points etc.

I dont know whats so horrible about the old ones.

1 Like

And another patch goes by…

I don’t think it’s in their plans to finish the game and include this feature that was already in every BL before. I’m coming to terms with the fact that we’ve been scammed.

8 Likes