Horizontal/Vertical Splitscreen?

Mine doesn’t count. I’m a volunteer forum moderator, not a Gearbox employee.

1 Like

Don’t sell yourself short. You’re a vital person in this world. Plus you have a snazzy purple border that stands out.

4 Likes

Only on desktop apparently…

2 Likes

New patch : Made various split screen UI fixes - Anyone want to report in on these when they get a chance?

4 Likes

Just wanted to say, I pre-ordered this game. I was still in the middle of finishing up another game, and haven’t started Borderlands 3 yet, but as soon as I was going to start Borderlands, I came across this message board. No vertical splitscreen?! Glitchy splitscreen?! It’s been out for over a month and I haven’t even started the game because of hearing and reading about this hot mess. Honestly, if I would have known this beforehand, I wouldn’t have preordered it. The ONLY reason I got Borderlands 3 was for the splitscreen co-op. Oh well, I guess I’ll go back to the game I was playing beforehand (btw - Monster Hunter World Iceborne).

8 Likes

Seconded, I will not get to give it a spin until tomorrow night. :frowning:

2 Likes

Anybody try out the new update yet?

2 Likes

I’ve got it installed but haven’t booted it up; word is the item marking (star/junk) is broken with this patch. Haven’t heard if performance is much better or what exactly the UI fixes are.

2 Likes

Downloaded it yesterday, loaded bl, checked the gameplay settings regarding split screen options, saw nothing, closed bl …

“Happy” Halloween looks different for me/us

Well…let’s wait for November and play other games until they hopefully fix it and all the other gameplay-relevant issues

P.s. I’m kinda happy NOT playin the game now in its current status - just cause of reading in this forum about crashing games or even the consoles itself, deleted save files, bugged missions, constant nerfing and buffing things and so on - in this situation even a vertical split wouldn’t make me happy when all the other things still occur in the game.

Frustrating situation but think it’s normal nowadays - making money is everything.

But luckily bl3 is not the only game out on ps4 - so let’s spend some time on other games ^^
And get back for bl3 when it is running (yeah I still got hope that they will get it running as bl2 was)

See ya

6 Likes

Another patch, another instance of splitscreen/echo lag/tiny splitscreen font being ignored by Gearbox. I think it’s safe to say at this point, after over a month, they are going to just ignore these issues. Massively disappointing, GB.

10 Likes

Similar issue. Bought the game to exclusively couch co-op with my wife. Had to search for 10 minutes for the vertical split-screen option. To no avail.
Text is tiny, had to beanbag to get close enough to the tele. Still very hard on the eyes 55". Not sure if because I was just tired, but head started to ache a bit after an hour of play time. Will have another stab tonight, if headache comes back will have to leave it until vertical split screen patch or return it all together.
Vertical split-screen was absolute top for BL and BL2. Who in their right mind decided for that not to be a feature in BL3? Not pleasant at all.

9 Likes

I’m familiar with the strain of splitscreen Borderlands. For an FPS, this series requires a lot of reading. Tiny text is ridiculous when we need to read the data for hundreds of items in a session. Most fonts are controlled by an integer. If we could edit the executable, we could have larger fonts, which is easy to do on PC with any hex editor for other games.

So here I sit with $100 in my pocket, very ready to buy BL3 when it has readable text for those of us mortals with vision less sharp than Legolas.

6 Likes

It’s hard to play a game based around quests and gun stats when they are both unreadable from 5 feet away on a good sized tv.
Feels like couch-co-op was never tested from an actual couch… Can’t even play the game for what we pre-ordered it for.

5 Likes

Never mind a TV we set the projector up to cover a wall in our house just to see if we could go with it but it still sucks.

The guy who said play other games has it right. Don’t waste your time on this, play something that works until it gets sorted. If it ever does.

The Halloween stuff looks cool though, shame we wont get to play it. Another “here’s what you could have won” from gearbox

9 Likes

Agreed, with the tiny font and frame drop when someone is in the menu, there’s no way splitscreen for consoles was tested at all

8 Likes

No noticeable improvement to menu lag or anything else other than it breaking the favorite/junk button from what I’ve seen so far.

5 Likes

For all the ps4 players - my Id is S_M_Coe ^^

BL2 was really bad a good year before it was really getting on track.

As far as playing other games, I will be playing Outer World from tonight until the foreseeable future.

5 Likes

We’re also playing The Outer Worlds at home while hoping GB will one day add vertical splitscreen… it’s depressing seeing how the latest patch said UI improvements in the co-op and doesn’t really change much at all.

5 Likes

I will be playing Outer Worlds and Destiny 2 until at least the first DLC and I might just wait until Steam version gets released.

1 Like