Horizontal/Vertical Splitscreen?

Omg yeah , so I should have studied more, I miss read something and thought/assumed Borderlands 3 would have 4 player split screen , cause well my 2 daughters, my wife and I played together as a family in the handsome collections, and we’re excited to continue, so I started off angry when I picked up my preorder and read the box, my fault, but disappointing, so I thought ok the wife and I will play and the girls will play almost considered buying another Xbox one so we could still all play together, and then we start to play, and can’t read anything on the screen (my wife is standing in front of our 65 inch tv just to play) and the subtitles are a joke, and can’t change to vertical split screen , hopefully this curves d feeling goes away , wow very disappointed , please say there’s a patch with the missing features, and before this 30 day patch stuff, thank you

14 Likes

It’s a tech support forum, but does anybody from actual tech support reads/answer the issues ? Hopefully, cause I think that’s a pretty serious issue right there, considering a whole lot of people have only bought this game because of the vertical, local coop

18 Likes

Nothing like spending 100 bucks on something that is unplayable because they nixxed a feature that has been in the last three games. So disappointed.

16 Likes

Agreed, the split screen right now is absolute trash. Unplayable and the lag in the menus on PS4 is horrendous. Need a patch out ASAP to address. Shelled out $100 for Super Deluxe only to give up after an hour and a half of being pissed off.

18 Likes

Same here horizontal split screen is unplayable. I got the super deluxe edition and was so hyped to finally play the new borderlands 3, just to be ruined by a horizontal splitscreen that makes your eyes hurt and super small fonts (playing on 50inch tv and still unbearable). Please fix it. Super disapointed, probably won’t even play the game. €100 of garbage. Thx

15 Likes

Why did they even think it would be a good idea to horizontal split only? That doesn’t even make sense…massive disappointment for standing in line at Gamestop with a bunch of nerds for an early release.

11 Likes

Horizontal split screen is just unplayable. After putting hundreds of hours into this series with my wife this is just the biggest let down and waste of money without a patch to add vertical.

17 Likes

I bought this specifically to play couch co-op with my wife… We both gave up after an hour with headaches, this is ridiculous! No UI or font size adjustments, no motion blur toggle, and stuck with horizontal split screen… I feel like I just wasted $100.

19 Likes

@raventemplar Same, fiance and I just gave up after barely hitting level 5 because it’s just a nightmare to try to play. Nothing is readable, and everything lags to hell. I shouldn’t have to play a game standing 3ft from a 65" TV just to read the words…worst decision ever by whatever dev decided that crap to be default

16 Likes

Cmon gearbox help us out here, with a quick fix ! :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Same for xbox. My wife and I are playing split screen on base xbox. We can’t play without it freezing every few seconds and I’m also experiencing the laggy menus. It doesn’t have vertical split screen either and the text is crazy small on horizontal. It’s impossible to play this game at the moment. Guess I’ll be removing my vacation days from work!

16 Likes

Same here we had to give up after a few minutes. We couldn’t read any subtitles, then the game lags anytime a menus up and combat in horizontal just isn’t realistic and looks horrible. AT this point I’m just hoping enough people complain so that they’ll patch it. Otherwise I don’t see us playing like we have in the past as solo characters.

14 Likes

Same here, playing with my girl on PS4 and Video projector on the wall of our bedroom, the horizontal split screen + freezes from time to time are very annoying and decrease the nice experience That this game could provide.
Furthermore subtitles when displayed on the walls are not readable at all… too small !!!
Can’t wait for the patch to come out! @gearbox please give us news about this patch to come!!

13 Likes

Anyone else having problems with the sound during cutscenes too? The initial intro the music was way too loud and I couldn’t even hear Marcus talking at all…Didn’t matter if it was on small speaker, or hifi…and I have a JBL 3.1 soundbar (9 speakers in the soundbar) with sub and it all sounded like muffled trash until the gameplay started…

7 Likes

Yeah info about how long do we have to wait to get it fixed would be great. Its acceptable to make a mistake, if you offer a quick fix, especially with a major one like this, ruining the game for all the split screen fans and making it pretty much unplayable

13 Likes

Have not experienced this yet. I quit pretty early in my play through due to the problems.

6 Likes

We tried to make it further…got to level 5 and then were just like “nope…time to go to bed, this ain’t worth it”

10 Likes

Same here !!

5 Likes

We tried to start playing the local co-op with my husband last night, but had to give up after 30 mins because of motion sickness and head ache. Widening the field of view didn’t help; the texts were also too small, as other people have noted already. Please fix the situation with the vertical split-screen! Otherwise the whole game will be unplayable.

We also noticed the sound problems someone mentioned - the background music (especially during the intro scenes) was too loud compared to Marcus’ voice, which was barely hearable.

13 Likes

LOOKING FOR SOME HELP RE SPLITSCREEN.
EVERYTIME WE GO TO ADD SPLITSCREEN, AND IT says “dismiss this analog with new players controller”, and we do…it simply makes the second controller act like a main controller. Splitscreen doesnt add. We have tried multiple restarts. Any suggestions or advice?

Edit: must sign infusing Microsoft Id as different user . Never had to do this for halo games.

ALSO, THE MENU FONTS ARE HELLA SMALL. ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO READ DURING SPLIT SCREEN. TY FOR YOUR HARD WORK, WOULD APPRECIATE A SOONER THAN LATER FIX♡

5 Likes