Horizontal/Vertical Splitscreen?

I as well have begun playing Diablo 3 for the first time axially and am pleasantly surprised … The wife and I enjoy it quite a bit, which isn’t the same for the horizontal split screen as of now. To be honest tho I will probably not be playing anymore bl3 even if vertical is added. Think that time has come and gone sadly

6 Likes

Children of morta is an amazing couch co-op experience! Check it out. Seems to be very lovingly crafted. Unlike BL3, which is never going to get fixed. I’d be shocked if they ever add vertical split screen. Oh well, lesson learned never giving gearbox or 2k a dollar again.

7 Likes

Bump. Game went in once, realised this was missing and it’s been gathering dust since. Unbelievable that this was left out to begin with but even more so that no explicit statement has been made to assure us whether it will be added later or not.

6 Likes

I asked about this, the small text and lag issues in local coop and I got this reply. Its vague but this is the first time I have seen them even reply to a comment regarding vertical split.

5 Likes

I caught that one too. So it is at least on their radar, but who knows how long it’s going to be until we see it.

2 Likes

Basically the same response since launch with no real update on how its going. I get they can’t give us exact time lines but we’ve been asking since the game came out with no further news.

6 Likes

Yes, we are deep into Season 19 & loving it. We are so disappointed in BL3. We hadn’t really realized how much until now. We are taking a long break to see what happens as the DLC, battlepass, micro-transactions, fixes, patches, etc. bring in the coming year. We will come back to BL2 first & then see. The real deal breaker for us will be the vertical splitscreen fix. If it doesn’t happen, I doubt we will ever come back to the game.

3 Likes

May 29, 2120

The last holdouts in Canada have collapsed. Global stability has completely unraveled. Those unfortunate enough to be living through this have long since abandoned the concept of religion, but truly, God help us all.

In other news, Gearbox have indicated they are looking into vertical splitscreen, so that’s something!

10 Likes

What a creative way to say it… really a long wait… thankfully there are other games.

2 Likes

Maybe gearbox should find somebody who helps them “looking into it”

Sounds for me like another dev has the order to fix it for us.

Or do they just need some glasses?

This silence about this topic is really ridiculous - we live in 2020 now and adding an option for vertical splitscreen shouldn’t be a problem for a multi-million dollar studio.

Just disappointed and frustrated not to be able to play and enjoy the game after 4 months now…

Greets

P.S. let’s keep this topic alive and reach at least 1000 posts!!!

6 Likes

Whats the over under on any of the local coop issues being addressed this week?

I would bet that a larger font size will happen weeks or months before vertical split is even considered. The monolog subtitles can be enlarged, so we can guess that Gearbox might apply that function to other text, such as mission info and perhaps item cards.

The lack of LAN play on console is a niche local coop issue. I doubt now that Gearbox/2K and Sony will ever restore LAN option to Borderlands GOTY or BL3. That PS+ subscription money is too good to turn down.

2 Likes

Good news their still looking into it!

1 Like

LAN was a small subset even when it was the only way to do large groups (man I miss Halo LAN parties though). But local coop is something that Borderlands really perfected Its sad to see them fall.

1 Like

Stiiillll waiting… hums jeopardy theme

1 Like

Seriously? I’m not buying this game if I can’t play vertical split screen. Thankfully I read these reviews before wasting my money.

5 Likes

Is this still not fixed, you can pick the game up for £16 now in UK but would happily pay £40 for a side by side split screen copy.

1 Like

£16

So it’s February the game is nearly 1/4 the release price that we paid. We’ve missed all the temporary extra content and events. This couch co-op game is still unplayable. Customers should have better protection with purchases we’ve been well and truly mugged off with this one. My other half just starts laughing now when I mention BL3.

6 Likes

Yeah, Gearbox has thoroughly and permanently burned me as a fan… Especially after everything they did for Homeworld, I had no second thoughts about preordering BL3. Well, that’s never happening again, this is ridiculous. It’s been months now and still not even an official statement about them trying to add vertical split screen or at least fix the issues with it.

At the beginning of this thread, I was upset and frustrated. I thought for sure they would at least publicly discuss the issue within the first month though, so I didn’t let it bother me that much. It was just an oversight or mistake and it would get fixed, Gearbox had always been really engaged with the fans before… I specifically, like a lot of people, bought this for the split screen. This has made me completely lose faith in them as a company and has destroyed the trust that I had for them before. Now I’m pissed… Hope the money was worth burning so many fans Gearbox, because that’s not happening again.

So long and thanks for all the fish…

7 Likes

Are you f…reaking serious gearbox? Game is out since months and you didn’t fix this? Very very very disappointed.

4 Likes