Horrible FPS Drops/Stuttering

High end PC and for the life of me I cannot figure out why the game is having so many FPS issues. Stuttering every time I run up to a loot cache when I open it, stuttering/dropping badly when I open my inventory, stuttering when I open a gun chest and I’m viewing the stats on the weapons, and the worst of all is every time I zoom in with a sniper the FPS stutters and drops for about two seconds before it returns to somewhat normal. The other things didn’t bother me as much, but the FPS stuttering in combat is making the game almost unplayable.

Anyone else having this? Any acknowledgement of a fix? All drivers updated and played around with everything single visual setting to try to figure it out to no avail.

98 Likes

Just replying to your comment as my friend and I are having the exact same issue. Everything is as you described - “Stuttering every time I run up to a loot cache when I open it, stuttering/dropping badly when I open my inventory, stuttering when I open a gun chest and I’m viewing the stats on the weapons, and the worst of all is every time I zoom in with a sniper the FPS stutters and drops for about two seconds before it returns to somewhat normal”. Hopefully, they can patch it soon or I might need to look for a weapon without a scope/not aiming down sight at all…

4 Likes

The good news is that I’m already seeing this all over Twitter as well. Seems to be a pretty big issue plaguing a lot of PC players, so hopefully GB takes notice of this rather quickly and patches it. I’m attempting a clean re-install now, even though I doubt that’s going to fix it.

Might just have to play with non-scoped weapons for now and ignore the other fps stutter issues as much as I can. Not sure what else to do at this point.

4 Likes

Yep, its driving me crazy. I don’t know how to stop it. I’ve lowered the settings, reinstalled on HDD, and reinstalled on an SSD. Nothing i’ve tried helped. The lowered settings might have helped but it was hard to tell. I REALLY hope they fix this soon.

3 Likes

This crap has to be patched right away, litterally unplayable.

17 Likes

Update: clean re-install nor verifying game cache did anything to fix.

Gearbox pls :frowning:

4 Likes

I see this is more geared towards PC, but I’m having the same issue on my Xbox One. Was looking around to see if others are having the same issue. Loot a box, frame freezes for a few seconds. Aim at an enemy, frame freezes for a few seconds. Pick up a new weapon, you get the idea. It really is making this game unplayable since it’s happening every few seconds.

11 Likes

Well I couldn’t find anything else other that this article. Which didn’t really help.

Have all the same problems! :rage:

4 Likes

I have the same issues while having way above recommended specs in my PC, its really annoying and its absolutely not normal, i have tried everything, tried tuning the setting in every way but nothing really helps, they gotta patch this ■■■■ in days because the game is literally unplayable at the moment.

3 Likes

The fact this is happening on console as well is absurd.

5 Likes

I’ve treied to disable the Nvidia Overlay from the Software, looks like it improves the maximum droprate by +5 fps (in my case, 1060GTX 6GB Notebook)

3 Likes

I’m running a 9900k with RTX 2080 on a 144Hz screen, and I’m stuck at 61 fps, regardless of the in-game graphical settings I choose. No stuttering though, just FPS seem capped… :frowning:

Same it’s really unplayable right now i hope they fix this fast because i really like playing it

3 Likes

Running in Fullscreen mode instead of Windowed Borderless eliminated stutters for me and improved average fps (2700X + GTX1060).

1 Like

I’m having sudden frame drop issues I have the recommended specs for the game but it is dropping frames especially when I aim in with a scope, I have even tried lowering to low which still has not fixed it. is there any way to fix this issue as I dont know if I should refund my epic game copy . Any help would be appreciated :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Same here
Cannot use the scope weapons because of tremendous FPS drops …
Also new sourroundings and new enemies spawning drops the FPS rate a lot.

Navigating in Menu also drops FPS rate !

6 Likes

Same ■■■■ here: fps drops as soon as I do certain actions, scoping is almost impossible, and Im not talking snipers only, but every gun that has some sort of scope, as soon as i click the right mouse fps drops and it stutters. Also opening and closing the tab menu stutters. So f***ing frustrating. I play almost every game with high settings with my 1060 6gb, never thought I’d have problems with a borderlands game, c’mon. Something tells me ■■■■■■ epic games store has something to do with it.

1 Like

Same here. Using a 1070 GTX. Updated drivers, running on the lowest settings, and the stutter makes using any gun with a scope a nightmare.

2 Likes

Thanks Denuvo for this !

2 Likes