How Am I Supposed To Punch Rendain In The Face?

So I just killed rendain using ONLY the charged secondary attack and at the end of it all got only ONE critical x.x
wtf?

I tried everything, i tried hitting above his face, below his face, and to the sides of his face after i hit rendain till his health was halfway down WITHOUT a single critical, and somewhere along the line i got one critical, heres a screenshot of just me towards the end of the match x.x

I decided to start doing rendain based lore challenges, i did rath’s easily, but this was ridiculous.

I have a legendary gear that gives a 7% chance for non critical hits to be critical, do i have to use that to properly stand a chance of criting rendain and does anyone know if that would work x.x
(^Edit: I didnt use that gear this time, but im curious if it would work and if anyone knows)

Cause that challenge is ridiculous, i have to get ALL the way to rendain without a sheild to do crits and then suddenly no, i just cant do anything.

Heres a screenshot of my ONE point into the lore after killing rendain solo x.x

I started considering maining attikus but damn, right now im too frustrated with him since i wont be making progess in that challenge anytime soon x3x…

So, if yall have any tips to punch rendain in the face let me know, where is his critical zone because it’s clearly not his face x.x
Is attikus’ hitbox for melee just weird? Where should i be hook shotting?

2 Likes

Following, in the hopes that someone knows.

@Chibigod I tried for about 40 minutes doing the same as you and didn’t even get one. No freakin idea how it’s supposed to work!

just got it today(got 11 in one heliophage run)

-stand between the stairs on the snowy island,
-build for tankiness/health regen, so he can’t kill you very easily

• when he knocks you back you’ll bounce off the wall ready to keep swinging. but I got smacked REALLY high up so watch out for that.

that’s all I know about it really

It took me about 3 playthroughs to do this.

I found it a bit hit and miss on getting criticals but managed a few on each play. You don’t need to fully charge the charged hook, just use it and that will do. Less damage from it this way means more punches on Rendain.

2 Likes

No need for a fully charged hook just charge a bar and let fly, It is hard to land a hit but just keep trying…

2 Likes

His crit spot is his face but the hit point with the charged hook is not the center of your reticle… Think of it like Toby his arc mine shoots slightly to left of reticle and rail gun to the right… attikus’ attacks actually hit in a sweeping motion from side to side. So if you are point blank with rendain and are aiming at his face the hit box will actually be hitting his left shoulder (right side of screen)… Long story short stand a bit further than point blank and aim slightly left of his face… Also more recommendation barely charge the hook. Will do less damage giving more opportunities to hit… one of the easier lore challenges but it usually will take 3 to 4 run throughs to get the crits… Just take your time…

3 Likes

It’s one of the reasons why i’m ONLY playing with BB’s I want to, and not being forced into too many of these challenges just for a trophy. Some of the BB’s have VERY easy ones, others have really poorly thought up ones. Has taken me a long time to get Thorn’s Volley jump kills. Took away the fun for me.

Best of luck, hopefully some of the tips here will help. And hopefully when the game gets it’s first full update with the DLC most of the lore challenges will be fair.

Majority of the lore challenges are very simple and easy the only ones that can be rough are when you have to play with or against certain characters and Toby’s double kills… Other than those there’s not much challenge to many of them at all… I fact you get most of them done by playing 3 to 4 games with each charecter

Oh really. Well I’m sure the rest of the community will disagree with you on that one. But that’s your view.

3 Likes

My experience was the same. I played on advanced mode solo and took 3 runs to finish it. All in all, Attikus’ lore challenge was probably on the easy side, not quite as easy as Oscar Mike or Ambra’s, but not a grind like Reyna or Caldarius’, and certainly not Toby’s.

Thorn volley jump kills are actually kinda easy if you focus on getting those volley kills instead of just kills in general.
Ofc the amount requires a LOT of games to even get close to finishing it. I think I manage to finish that lore in maybe 30 PVP matches? Which is ok since I need to level her to 15 anyway. Also after completing it, I realised I secure a LOT more kills with volley while jumping since its easier to hit almost all the arrows after bouncing it on the floor. Maybe that’s the purpose of the lore. HOWEVER it does force you to play in a specific way which does suck if you dont like to.
Still better than kill x character 25 times. That’s even worst. And also toby’s one where your ult has to get a double kill. One is hard enough… asking for double… yea…

@topic, just spam it. It doesnt need charges. Also crits depends on ping so I suggest solo so you can get a green ping. Location data is saved in server, many a times you melee and you end up hitting what WAS there and not what IS there.

Also melee has swinging animations that DO affect where you hit. As one of the users above mentioned, aim too near and you hit to the left (in your screen the right side) of the enemy.

Very obvious since a lot of melee character do twirls when melee, rath and gal for example. your spin hits a 360 degree. Which means the aiming reticule doesn’t really help.

At this point I would say wait for the lore update to come out, this is one of the challenges I see them making easier and if they don’t well then I don’t know.

1 Like
2 Likes

something that someone told me that help alot . when your fighting rendain with his shield up, after you take out his shield and right b4 the cut scene starts he kneels on the ground, you shoud be able to get 2-3 free punches. and the same thing when you take out his health when he is doing the seizure thing that he does.

U think that one challenge is bad? U clearly have not seen all of WF’s

Who else read ur post with mr. Tourges voice?

1 Like

I aimed for the chin and once I started doing that I got my last 9 hits in two runs (and a few extra because I like punching Rendain’s smug face). It can be a bit tough, but once you get your timing and aiming down it’s fairly easy.

BADASS CRATER OF BADASSITUDEEEEE!!! (guitar solo noises)

1 Like

Lol :joy:

I got all 12 yesterday, which makes it twice that i have done this challenge (once on xbone and once on ps4). It’s frustrating and tough, but far from impossible.