How do I NOT keep my badass rank and points?

When I started playing yesterday, my badass rank appeared. I want to start fresh and re-earn everything, so I deleted my character, turned of the internet in my PS4 and started again. Now I’m worried that if I turn the internet back on, my previous badass rank will appear. I don’t plan on transferring over any saved characters from BL2 or TPS. Will my badass rank stay at this new level when I turn the internet back on and log into shift?

1 Like

To remove any previous rank, you will need to delete your saves, which you did. Your rank for those characters wont return.

You also have the option to turn the rank off completely, but I dont think thats what you want. You seem to want to earn everything again.

1 Like

So I just started my PS4, reconnected to the internet, started BHC, started BL2, and I got a notification saying “Profile Synced, you now have 512 badass tokens”. So I load the character I was playing with yesterday and the badass tokens I had distributed are gone and I have 512 unallocated ones.

I do not want this! Why is it automatically doing this? First, it will take me an hour just to allocate them. Second, it makes my character too powerful to begin with, especially when I play with my wife who doesn’t have any badass tokens. Sure, I could turn it off, but allocating them and slowing getting stronger is a fun part of the game.

In summary, I believe your advice was wrong. Unless I did something wrong.

1 Like

Its possible I have something wrong, but that is how one rid their rank on previous gen. Could work differently for new gen…Apologies.
Maybe someone who also uses the PS4 will have better advice.

1 Like

The best I can do it create a new user, and play with that user. I’m not sure if I can link it to my PSN account, because it might sync again.

Of course, I found a new problem. My wife’s badass rank keeps resetting to zero everytime we play. She actually has a PSN account.

This is ridiculous. I can’t get rid of mine and she can’t keep hers.

1 Like

Well, as they said you could just disable your badass rank (triangle on the BaR screen)

But i’m having the same issue with the badass rank resetting to zero every time I close the game. I put in a ticket and got a reply of basically “oh wow, we didn’t know, we are working on it” so there might be a patch coming soon(ish) to fix that.

1 Like

did you ever find a fix for this?

1 Like