How do I save my game?

1st time nub player here :smiley:

There’s no option on the menu for saving.

So it’s auto saving, right?

Just wanted to make sure before I closed the game, so I accidentally don’t lose my progress

The game uses a checkpoint save system: whenever you get near a New-U, the game saves. It’ll also save whenever you quit via the game menu, so don’t worry about losing your progress.

1 Like

You’ll hear a chime effect, and the vault symbol will flash on and off in the top corner of your screen. IIRC it should also save whenever you fast travel.

If, however, you force-quit using whichever key sequence is appropriate for your OS, you lose everything since the last check-point.

1 Like

Those little Hyperion towers (like the fast travel ones, but without the floating globe)? That’s the checkpoint… just get close to it, and it’ll save (with the indications mentioned above). If you manage to pull off something difficult, find something rare, or otherwise want to save your game without quitting, just keep in mind where those things are, and go near them when time permits.

Further, it’s not a bad idea to back up your save game files; there are, rare (some people seem to see them often; I have never seen them) events that can corrupt your save files, which would cause you to lose your progress or otherwise “break” the game for you. As you appear to be on PC, they can be found here for newer Windows operating systems:
C:\Users\(your name)\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\SaveData

Just copy everything in that folder to a safe place whenever you see fit. Hopefully you’ll never need it, but if you do, you’ll be super glad you did.

2 Likes