I’m on the pc. I’ve had several experiences in the last couple of weeks of sitting in the queue with a full team of 5 waiting long periods of time for a match. Waiting over an hour for a match. Then I notice on my friends list, people coming in much later and being matched fairly quickly while my group of 5 gets nothing (not positive, but I don’t believe that these are cases of people doing privates).
So I’m wondering about the mechanics behind this.
- Does the amount of time spent waiting matter? Does the game take that into consideration.
- If so, does someone leaving the queue reset the clock?
- Does the system favor groups over individuals?
- Does mixing players from different regions make it more or less likely to get matched quickly?
- To what extent does changing your steam download setting help?
I realize all most people have is conjecture, but interested to hear people’s thoughts.