How Do You Feel About The Upcoming Command Rank Not Being Visible?

Hey guys.

Just read in another topic that the devs mentioned (during a “Play With The Devs” encounter) that Command Rank will no longer be visible in multiplayer lobbies in an upcoming update.

How do you feel about this?

Personally, im kind of on the fence…[poll public=true]

• I like the idea.
  • I dislike the idea.
  • I don’t care.
    [/poll]

I don’t really care about it. It doesn’t change much You can tell who’s experienced or not through gameplay not CR

5 Likes

Dont care
Didnt cqre when i fought vs 5*100 when our team was under lvl 100 total-and we crushed them.
Didmt care when i god stomped by newcommers few days ago.
Rank 100 does not meant that someone is good (elo is used for that) it means that he played a game for some time.

Also kdr are also not good show of that.
Saw today guy braging about having tons of assist versus obviously weaker opponents-not cool.

Best games and best victories are close ones.
Dont like playing versus stronger opponent but ill still fight.
Dont like playing versus weaker but ill still offer my team to surrender to them-cause if they managed to hold on-they deserve it.

4 Likes

I don’t much care for it, though I’m not sure what problem this is fixing. Aside from hiding how wonky the matchmaking is.

In before the obligatory “but CR doesn’t equate skill!”, “yes, but it means you played more, which means more gear, unlocks and experience with the game”, “but this one time in 1942 I beat an entire premade team of CR100 Nazis with just a team of CR2 Allies, so that totally proves CR is meaningless”.

4 Likes

I think it shouid stay visible.

5 level 2s are still gonna get matched against 5 Level 100s.

At least this way people have an idea and can bail.

4 Likes

It’s been documented that people see five 100s and are afraid and quit. This will simply prevent bailers who don’t even know if the enemy team is good. There’s no reason for it to be displayed so I’m glad it wont be as it affects game play (people quitting or going easy) when it shouldn’t.

10 Likes

Does anyone know what will replace it. Op levels maybe?

2 Likes

I think it’s a good idea. I’m CR 100 but have only TWO PvP games (other than private bot matches). So if someone quit because they saw my CR100, they’d be doing themselves a great disservice. It makes more sense in PvE to keep CR visible, because at least you know then whether you’re with experienced players who’re likely to know the maps and missions. PvE though, it can be thoroughly misleading.

3 Likes

Nah, just more CR levels until the next wave of content

1 Like

Well, the same is true vice versa. You can be bad at PVE but great at PVE. And you can have a high CR and be bad at both

1 Like

…and still think your the most skillfull awesome gamer the world has ever seen. Yup, met some of those :frowning: “Unskilled and unaware” (aka Dunning-Kruger effect) applies to pretty much everything, but especially video games!

4 Likes

The only thing that could be meaningful is a character level, but you don’t know that until character selection.

Still confused about the difficulty levels in the op missions, that’s why I suggested op levels. I always knew not to join an OP8’s game in BL2.

2 Likes

Well I think if they see my angel of death title they should know that it’ll be a tough battle.

Actually I want to be able to see the CR because personally, I don’t wanna go up against or be paired with any one lower than 50 because that tells me that you don’t have enough experience

Another thing I do is look at their trophies. Typically if they have over 70% completion they should be more than decent.

1 Like

Maybe it should be changed to something reflecting previous PVP play. CR is not that important in PVE anyway. A CR100 could be playing with a lvl 1 character.

3 Likes

Titles, but those could be scummed, dunno why people would do that :frowning:

2 Likes

Yep. I remember reading about a guy who hit 0 in Overwatch, purposely losing although he was decent. He met hundreds of absolutely terrible people who insisted they were great

3 Likes

I don’t like it. I wanna know what I’m dealing with before the match starts. If the MMing wasn’t so terrible, it might not be a big deal, but as of right now, it is to me.

I remember when Evolve pulled this same crap and I hated it. You drop in a game with people you hope are mildly competent, but in reality, they know next to nothing. Not fun.

1 Like

That’s the worst ever though, when you’re sitting waiting in for a match and the same people keep dodging over and over, it just wastes time. Since nobody loses anything from losing a match why not just deal with a hard fight and enjoy yourself since you’re playing anyway?

I like the idea.

3 Likes

I think it will help a lot in queueing. People leave because they see im with a group of five 100s on pc…and on ps4 they leave because im with low levels. only 50’s escape the level shaming. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You guys make some great points.

I just realized how funny it will be when those jerk level 100 pubstompers get matched up with low level inexperienced new people and won’t even know it.

Hehehe…

1 Like