How do you fix these textures?

IM in the middle of getting HWU ported to remastered and im having trouble with some ships.

Are you using RODOH with hw1 HODs?

Flip Y would be the first thing I’d try.

flip y?

You know how CfHodEd always asks you whether you want to flip Y UV axis? Or you may just open the texture, mirror the Y axis (flip it upside down) and see whether it helps.

i believe they are all flipped

@BitVenom any suggestions?

You believe… have you actually tried to flip them?

Just load the ship in a 3D editor, load the texture and then flip axis, offset, stretch… It’ll make sense after you do one of these things, or if you simply just look at the UVs and compare them to the texture.

All you need to do is to actually look.

1 Like

Are we talking about UV mapping because every hod does that. And by 3d editor are we talking about cold fusion or something else like max 3ds or gimp?

-We are talking about UV mapping.
-Every HOD does what? Every single HOD is wrong like in your original post?
-When I say 3D editor I mean Blender/Max/whatever else. If I mean Cold Fusion, I always say CfHodEd.
-Gimp is a bitmap editor, a Photoshop alternative. 2D, picture editing, color levels, painting…

i thought we were talking about Reversing UV when importing an object into cfhoded.

We are talking about mirroring UVs. Where you do it doesn’t matter.

• If you do it in CfHodEd import, it’s a direct test. A quick one, may work, may not.

• If you do it in a 3D editor, you can actually look at the model’s UVs and figure out what the hell is going on just by looking. If the CfHodEd import Y flip won’t help, this is the way to find what is wrong. By looking at the UV map and comparing with the texture.

• At some point I also mentioned flipping Y in Photoshop before the HODOR export to HOD. That’s another way, not flipping the UVs, but to flip the texture itself.

It doesn’t matter which one. Most of them are quick checks somewhere along the way. Some on import/export, some on conversion. It doesn’t matter where, you can do something about it on any step.

My mentioned “looking” though is in Blender/Max. The only place where you can actually find out what’s going on. By previewing the UV map of your model.

I still have no idea why are you avoiding the Blender. Just open and look. The Y flip might not even be your problem. And if it’s not, what you will see in Blender/Max will answer your problems. Just do it already, you could have known yesterday, instead we’re sitting here aguing which step is which…

1 Like

Oh and make sure you’re not using cfhoded to edit hwrm hods…

1 Like

LOL this one is killing me looking at it, i nicknamed it the corvette crusier, its supposed to be using the Raider CRuiser textures but it seems to have Raider Corvette mixed into it and i checked the hod file there arent any.

1 Like

How could this possibly happen? You would think it would just open one HOD at a time?

RODOH might’ve dumped two textures with the same name to the same folder. One gets overwritten, and then when it got re-hodded, sucked up the wrong texture.

Just go back to your DAE source in whatever 3D editor you’re using, Blender or Max, and re-assign the correct texture.

if that was the case wouldnt the texture be displayed as being different in cold fusion?

The only HODs you should be looking at in CFHOD would be the pre-RODOH HW2C HODs (sorry about all the acronyms) so, no.

okay another question with regards to library material in the DAE does glow come first for DAE or DIFFuse because GLow maps are being displayed first.

As long as your two textures are named the same and suffixed appropriately (_DIFF and _GLOW), HODOR shouldn’t run into any issues. In your 3D editor (are you using Max or Blender?), if in doubt, just re-assign the texture.

Make sure your image datablock is also named to match your texture.

IMG[texturename_DIFF]_FMT[DXT1]