How does one change their username?

(For fun gamer) #101

I understand but I really hate being called what my parents call me

(Watcher on the wall) #102

Well, as long as you understand the consequences.
Changed.

(For fun gamer) #103

Thank u. Very much appreciated

In much the same way as what appears to be many others, I clearly done goofed! Any chance mine can be changed to OneSicBunny, please?

Much rather that than my real name (I’ll be honest, I don’t even remember setting it). I believe I only have the one post so far. Many thanks in advance! :grinning:

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #105

Sure. No problem.

If you’re cagey about your email being displayed as your name (as distinct from your username) go to preferences and edit it into something different.

Thanks! I was trying to navigate on my phone, which probably didn’t help matters. Think I’ve got it sussed now. Cheers again!

(J5 sounds strange, doesn't it?) #107

Another user asking to change username:

Perfect name would be: The_J5

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #108

Done!

(J5 sounds strange, doesn't it?) #109

Thanks a lot!

(Penguin connoisseur.) #110

A formal request (i’m even wearing PANTS) to change my username to bergz4lyfe, please.

Also, sorry for the necro-thread.

(First-Sword of the Moderators | Discord Hypesquad) #111

As is mentioned above in several instances, changing your username will detach your post history from your account.

There is no way to circumvent this, are you sure you want to go ahead with this? (Asking since you do have a lot of posts which you may not want to lost the connection to).

As was mentioned by Psychichazard a few posts above, it’s better for newer users rather than established ones so I’m just double checking this is a decision you definitely want to make.

(Penguin connoisseur.) #112

Ah… I GUESS i’ll pass then. I don’t really care about my posts, but i just realized that it would confuse the people who know me on here. Thanks for the warning. Can you close that irrelevant “goodbye” thread of mine though, please?

(First-Sword of the Moderators | Discord Hypesquad) #113

The one in the “off-topic” section?

(Penguin connoisseur.) #114

Yes, sir.

(AXTONMANIA ) #115

Can I be Axtonmania as per my steam handle? Thanks :smile:

(Rick is my Spirit Animal) #116

No problem! Just keep in mind a renaming will disconnect your profile from your post-history.

Do you want it anyway?

(AXTONMANIA ) #117

Sure.

AxtonMania please. Thanks :slight_smile:

([-10h GMT] PS4: Raven-Ghosthawk || Perma-brow Vulcan) #118

I’ve a weird question – if one decides to change their name from, say “Alpha >> Bravo”, all posts (as Alpha) will be disconnected from their account, correct? If they choose to change back from “Bravo >> Alpha”:

• can they change their name back, or would they have to subtly alter it with differentiation?
  • if they can change back to their original username, would all posts attached to their original username that had been severed upon the account’s username alteration be reattached to their account, akin to how an amputated limb can be surgically reattached? (Forgive me for the squishy analogy, guys…)

(GT: Eldritch Arcana) #119

A name change to EldritchArcana would be swell.

(tbear) #120

Name change please Tbear74, I “fat fingered” and got Q in there
Thank you