How I get Operation Points? Simple as that

Hey guys. As the title says, how I get a good amount of Operation Points fast?

I play PvP 95% of the time, but I’m thinking about trying a bit of PvE. For fun and, especially, for the awesome skins that Ops reward. So… I want to do the missions with different Battleborns and I want to get the skins as fast as I can. Can you guys help me with some tips?

How is the smartest way to run the missions? What should I do?
It’s better to play alone? It’s better to find a group? It’s better to play split screen?
It’s possible to get a good amount of Ops in just 1 run or I have to accumulate them? :smiley:

Thank you all for the help. <3

EDIT: Playing on Xbox One.

1 Like

What platform are you on? We ought to know so we can have someone help you in-game.

If you feel like taking the easy way out, here’s website with a map of the Ops Point chests.

My general tip is take your time and check every corner for ops points. Be very careful with the challenges.

2 Likes

You get Ops points in several ways.

Base Ops Points: first time through a particularly story you start with 5; each time you successfully complete the story you will start with 5 more the next, to a max start of 50 Ops Points after the 10th completion. Note that aspects of the dialogue etc. change with each iteration.

In-Game Ops POints: these come from (1) chests and (2) completing side objectives. There’s 20 Ops Points in chests; these have specific spawn locations on each map, but only 20 of them will be chosen at random each time you play. The other 30 are from various side objectives, much like in regular story mode (except you get Ops Points instead of XP, credits, or whatever).

There are some maps showing the chest spawn locations here, although they’re not all complete yet:

I would try and group up ahead of time. Story Ops are max of 3 players, but team composition (in terms of character selection) is very important. Gear can also be an issue - some Ops you will absolutely need a shard gen item, but others not so much. If you do group up, then the starting Ops Points will be whatever the highest (or average?) is among the group. Difficulty scales with Ops Points; you can reset the Ops Points to zero in single player if things get a bit rough, but not in co-op.

2 Likes

Oh, I forgot to mention I’m on Xbox One. Thank you for the tips, they’ll be very useful.

1 Like

Solo, yes. Co-op, it depends on who you’re playing with.

Correct.

2 Likes

Thanks, man.

There is a difference between running normal or advanced, talking about Op Points and rewards (skins)?

1 Like

Story Ops only have normal or hardcore (1 life). Difficulty scales with Ops Points, both the starting points and those that accrue during the story. It gets pretty insane with 3 players at 100 ops points!

There are two skins available for each character, one at (IIRC) 40 and the other at 85 Ops Points. There’s also a title, and a loot pack if you hit 100.

2 Likes

Awesome. Thank you very much for all this info, will really help.

1 Like

Solo is better for two reasons:

1. The cool down timer on your skills and ult is 1/2 when solo.
  2. It’s easier because less enemies spawn.

The downside is you are not playing w/ your friends. But if you are simply in it to farm commander loot packs and skins then solo is the better way to go w/ one exception. It’s REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hard to get diamond rank solo and diamond ranking a mission for the 1st time nets you a legendary loot pack.

3 Likes

Didn’t know about the half cool downs. Thank you!

1 Like

Actually, you start with 0 points. You get 5 points after that first clear.

3 Likes

Solo is easier imo, especially Attikus
Run through 10 times to work up to 50 starting points, don’t worry about chests. Learn the layout, the spawns, and most importantly the bonus objectives.

Properly gear for the OP.
Shards are short supply for Montana, think about a 0 cost shard gen.
Consider using gear that improves with nbet of points. Lenores Lament can be very effective.

To earn both skins you need 85 points, which means at 35 starting points you’ll need to find all of the points in chests and complete all bonus objectives.

2 Likes

I agree with @myrickma

Solo is generally easier. Thorn, Marquis, Foxtrot, Attikus - all four are awesome are Operations.

1 Like

I believe that the 20 Ops points in chests is actually exclusive to the Phoebe Op.
It’s been a while since I’m ran Ops, but I’m fairly sure that the first 4 Ops missions only had 10 hidden in chests and 4 challenges that each awarded 10 Ops. I could be mistaken, but I remember being surprised when I found out the Phoebe op had double the chests to find.

1 Like

You are correct.

3 Likes

There are not settings for normal or advanced in ops. The difficulty is directly proportional to the amount of ops points you have. The more points, the harder it gets. There is a hardcore option but I don’t think it effects drop rates. it is easier solo depending on the op and the character you are trying to run it with (Phoebe op with Reyna was a pain solo).

Are you trying to get gear or skins and taunts? Gear I recommend story if you need something specific.

2 Likes

Mostly skins to be honest. But I really don’t want to run the same PvE Ops 10 times lol. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like