How is +2 projectiles a thing in mayhem 4?

Serious discussion here. I’m fine with 20% weapon dmg or even 40% weapon dmg, but how is enemies shoot two additional projectiles something that should be in mayhem 4? This means an enemy could potentially hit you for 200% more in the same amount of time as a normal shot. At best we get a 30% buff to one type of weapon or something in the same area. This reminds me of when mayhem 3 had modifiers of reflecting 30% chance and they finally dropped it to 5%. It just seems unnecessary when we are already making the enemies 5 times as hard to kill as Mayhem 3.

5 Likes

It’s M4. It’s supposed to be hard. It’s the hardest mode in the game. It’s meant to make you change the way you have played in order to succeed.

Truthfully I think it’s time for M5.

4 Likes

On harder content like takedown for me it means reload of the map, two additionnal projectiles is by far the worst modifier. I was not bothered by the modifiers in m3 I always found a way around them, but in m4 no.

1 Like

+2 projectile is ■■■■■■■■ with Launcher ennemies, you get one shot in chain.

5 Likes

Yeah not a fan of this one myself. There are other m4 modifiers that I don’t like as well such as enemy fire rate and -25% crit hits but this 2 extra projectiles is the only one I refuse to play with and will re-roll it every time it shows up in a place like Takedown or Slaughters. Not only is it 200% extra damage, it also goes through Zane’s barrier constantly so that’s annoying af.

8 Likes

Dont think I have ever save quit to change my modifiers on mayhem 4 however mayhem 3 can be nearly unplayable if you get bad modifiers.

1 Like

When my Zane buddy and i play anything COV, we check and reload maps with x2 projectiles because the barrier doesnt work. I’m cool with a challenge, but this is more of a joke modifier than anything.

Also, if you get it in the takedown, it’s a TON harder, so i reload it there by default. Everywhere else, I cant really tell, honestly. Most modifiers arent really that big a deal to me.

2 Likes

TOTALLY agree with this! M4 is pretty much just buffing the enemies to try to make the game more difficult (but in an artificial way.)

P. S. May as well add the fact the FL4K suffers from something that affects his strength directly. (-25% damage from crits.)

1 Like

I actually don’t find the -25% crit one too bad. But I absolutely will re-roll the +2 projectiles or the one where enemies get more splash damage radius as well. Those both can be insane. Anything else - let it ride and figure it out!

25% crit and splash damage modifiers are a bit of a pain and I may think twice, but +2 projectiles is always going to get a reload as it is just ridiculous especially in takedown!

1 Like

doesn’t make too much difference , if a build isnt good enough to survive , u will die anyway , everything 1 shot both bar

Personally i consider this to be lazy programming. Instead of using better AI, they just give them extra projectiles and have them doing far more damage then we even do. A Baddies who already spams rockets with the extra projectile is not only bull, but you can’t see anything

3 Likes

I think it’s actually good programming because it’s the only counter point to the game’s health gate mechanic in M4. It’s M4’s only hard mode modifier. All the other modifiers are a joke. That said, I avoid it like the plague when I’m doing proving grounds speed runs :laughing: because it’s the only modifier that sends me into FFYL.

1 Like

whats worse is, at least back at the time of the halloween event. i noticed if u have the 5% reflect chance, if you hit crits it could jump up as high as 90%+ reflect chance and caused my death sooo many times because i was dealing more damage to myself on melee range mobs than they were doing to me.

I don’t even look at the modifiers, but this is probably why I’m sometimes getting one-shotted and like wtf…

4 Likes

Bullet reflection is pure fecking evil!:grin: It’s RNG brain fuk and should be removed from the game because it has nothing to do with skill because it has no counter play options.

Even +2 projectiles has counter play. There is don’t get hit :grin:! And when that’s not an option there is always FFYL/2ndWind. This means that in +2 projectile scenario managing the FFYL decay timer is part of the play loop.

I’ll use the words of @choskison to summarize my assessment of bullet reflection:

:laughing:

3 Likes

When it was 30% bullet reflect that was definitely brutal. 5% I haven’t seen a lot of issues. that said, now that we appear to be doing more dmg with anointments and in particular the Ion Cannon, it may be something that should be removed as well. I havent played on M3 since the DLC so I’ll have to test that out.

1 Like

I think the amount of bugs it creates makes it harder than it should be but with the golden rule mod this modifiers gets Amara cranked up to 11, as the kids say.

1 Like

Non reflect able weapons? I kept Alien Barrel Guns like hosts and protuberances for that one. I never studied what did and didn’t reflect, but I basically decided if Indiscriminate could not bounce it you were good.

Also strafing

1 Like

Some people could learn a lesson from catching an ion cannon rocket to the face.

3 Likes