How is the difficulty of your enemis determined?

I was on my way up to Control Core Angel, as an Assassin, level 46. Got past the Constructor no problem, but then ran into a succession of Super Badass Loaders on my way to the Bunkr entrance. I mean at least 4 of them. Never happened to me over the past 40 or so times I have done a full run. Wasn’t carrying any special weapons (Level 40 Harold, and a Level 44 corrosive sniper with 120% critical damage) but that was it and they gave me hell. To top it off, was cleaning up on the red chests just before the Bunkr entrance, popped two level 50 loot midgets at the same time… WTF!

Got me thinking. I understand the levels of enemies, but never thought about the severity of those guys. How does the AI determine what you face?

Random chance, simple as that.

I know what you mean, it happens. you just got unlucky

Don’t forget that the second constructor (the one right up top overlooking the gates) will keep pumping out loaders of all kinds until you take it down. I’ve had similar experiences while parked either just below or just around the corner from it, including running completely out of ammo and grenades!

Good point. But in this case, got him quickly with homing tesla and then laid into him when he landed with a rocket launcher (one of those with 9 in the mag). A bit of Moxxi finished him off. Anyway, he could spawned his super badass loaders when I was trying to reload the launcher. Must pay attention to that next time…4 of them running around is not a good place to be once the launcher ammo ran out LOL.

[quote=“smithoz2000, post:4, topic:1133733”]Must pay attention to that next time…4 of them running around is not a good place to be once the launcher ammo ran out LOL.[/quote]Pray that you never get what I got: Things the AI has done to piss you off