How Often Do You Still Play Battleborn? Poll Included!

[poll type=regular public=true]

• Every day I’m Battlin’ (multiple hours daily or almost daily)
  • Weekend Warrior (heavy weekend play)
  • Every couple days
  • A couple times a week
  • Once a week
  • Every couple weeks
  • Once a month
  • Every couple / few months
  • Haven’t played in a looooong time
  • I don’t play Battleborn anymore
    [/poll]So, for a variety of reasons, my Battleborn time has been rather massively reduced these past few weeks and for the foreseeable future.

It seems like I am not the only person doing this, either, sadly.

So, always curious as I am, I am wondering how much or how little you all still play Battleborn?

I am including a poll which I hope should cover the most common amounts played, BUT, if your option is not in the poll, OR if you would like to post about WHY you play as much or as little as you do, I would LOVE to hear from you, so feel free to post away!

Thanks in advance, everyone!

(credit for images to http://tenta–prince.tumblr.com/post/152458401596/here-come-the-battlebirds and commodorepompadour.tumblr.com for the wonderful images!)

6 Likes

I voted for “a couple times a week”.

I am somewhat Battleborn’d out after 1600+ hours and almost 6000 matches, but I’m also getting caught up on some other games, have school, am trying to do more active outside stuff, and, sadly, have become rather…saddened…as of late as a Community Leader by certain attitudes amongst / between various players on the PS4 scene.

EDIT: To be completely honest, I also realized I had become way more emotionally involved with this game and its players than I had EVER intended to become, so I had to step back from it all, regain my perspective and clarity and sanity.

5 Likes

Make sure that you give credit for the art you use; i know from experience that some people don’t like it otherwise.

3 Likes

@handsomecam

I credit Google?

If someone can tell me who / where those images came from, I will gladly give credit!

Also, you better have voted, Toby!

1 Like

I’m also one of those folks who got a little burned out by a combination of factors, and I’ve had times when I drifted closer to and further away from the game. In particular, I got so caught up in trying to get all of the skins for Heart of Ekkunar, while also being utterly fed up with Demon Bear, that I had to just take a break for a bit.

Now, that said, I definitely needed that break, and I’ve come to appreciate the game more – especially since I’ve been getting to know some of the folks here on the forums a bit better. The community’s got its issues as a whole, but the more positive elements have helped me stick with the game a bit more. (That said, I do try very hard not to burn myself out again at the same time)

3 Likes

@mythicfox

Great post!

Oddly, while I do realize that, overall, it’s probably way less stressful snd obsessive than playing almost 6000 PVP matches (many of which made me want to beat my head against the wall), I simply cannot imagine going through each Op however many times with EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER to get every single skin and taunt!

1 Like

I’m not gonna deny, it’s not a great way to maintain a healthy attitude about the game. It was a lot easier earlier on, when you less likely to have to solo it. Even playing with someone else without a mic helps change things up a bit when you know the ten ‘scripts’ for each op by heart. The new ‘All Ops’ queue has helped in that regard. I’m not normally a completist or anything like that, but for the most part I do enjoy the challenge of just trying to get them all.

(Well, I did enjoy the challenge, until the third or fourth time those f#$%ing Alpha Bears made it clear that you can’t solo certain playthroughs with melee characters)

But I did get all of the ones for Thrall Rebellion, Friendship Raid, and Battle School. I’ve got a little under a dozen left for Demon Bear and three left for Heart of Ekkunar. And then after that, I’m free!

3 Likes

@mythicfox

1 Like

Done! :dukeohnoes:

And further, the way I’ve approached the game is different from your way, as I understand it, Flames: I have taken full advantage of all the options and potential the game offers, fluctuating completely between the PVP and the PVE thrills.

In doing that, each re-entry period makes the respective feel “new” and when it doesn’t anymore, I simply switch to the other, sometimes landing with veterans, sometimes helping noobs. That’s what keeps the magic for me.

4 Likes

@gunzerkus

And that’s why I have an incredible amount of respect for you, old friend!

However, for me, at this point in time, different games are providing new and exciting magical magic for me!

2 Likes

Ime, that’s - indeed - a wonderfull xperience, @MythicFox

Best of all, it can re-occur: Try geting all 30 to lvl 20, it’s profoundly liberating (which I think @Ashbweh can attest to, too.)

(Plus, you (or at least I) get a deeper/wider/better understanding of each char’s potential between lvls 15 and 20 - something the earlier know-it-all-me did not really anticipate.)

2 Likes

@GUNZERKUS @mythicfox

From 15 to 20 wasn’t quite as exciting, but getting every character, one at a time, from 1 to 15 and doing all their lores remains the very BEST time I have yet experienced in Battleborn!

2 Likes

@GUNZERKUS @FlamesForAll

Yeah, I’m probably not going to get everyone to 20, just a couple of favorites. (Right now, Toby’s my only 20 and I have a couple of 17s.) But yes, for the most part, my favorite part was getting the lores – admittedly, I still have two left, Alani’s ‘spam Riptide and pray’ one and Kelvin’s Micro Macro Mist Me.

2 Likes

As I have for you, @FlamesForAll :dukeaffirmative:

1 Like

@gunzerkus

And now…THE MUTUAL HANDJOBS!!!

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

The second one has the tumblr url of the artist in it, but I’m being dyslexic and I can’t fully read it out with how small it is. The first one doesn’t seem to have a watermark, but I found the original post here since the individual character tags aren’t hugely populated.

In the future, it’s polite to link back to the artist’s website or page of the specific art piece. Only fair for the hard work they put into it!

4 Likes

3 Likes

Just when everything was going my way … :dukegoof:

2 Likes

Actually it was some of the most fun I’ve had, and I brought a whole new life to the game for me, I already loved it but after getting everyone to 20 I loved it even more. I learned how to play a load more characters and highly recommend everyone tries it!

I play Battleborn daily because I enjoy playing so many characters that I never get bored (I don’t know how you Deande players play her so much :joy:). I’ve also found myself solo queing even more than I used to (I’ve always been a large solo queuer but now I solo for about 2 hours a day consistently). Of course I still get annoyed at solo queing and do play in parties sometimes (usually off mic), but I think more 10 mans need to be arranged because they’re the most fun games for me!

3 Likes

@Whitethroat

Credit added for both images, thanks!

3 Likes