How should I get back to Borderlands 2 with all this new content?

I finished off Borderlands 2 on PS3 with a level 50 Axton, all missions completed. Thing is I didn’t buy any dlc, and THS is loaded with it. I don’t know how to attack it. Should I do UVHM first and then hit the DLC? Or should I go ahead and play the DLC, and if so then what order. Thanks!

That depends. Have you ever played UVHM? I am asking since you said you are level 50. Most people get to level 50 by the time they finish TVHM. In UVHM, you have the option to reset your entire playthru. So if you start UVHM at level 50 and get a mission reward at level 50, you could potentially reset UVHM at level 60 and then replay to get the mission reward again but at level 60. Some people do this periodically to get at level mission rewards such as the Sand Hawk, Pimpernel, Lady Fist, Heart Breaker, etc.

If you don’t want to reset your entire playthru (and don’t want to do the OP levels) but want maximum level rewards, you should wait until level 72 to accept certain missions. The level of an item you get from a mission will based upon the level you started the mission, not the level you are when you turn it in. There is a thread that lists Quest Rewards Worth Farming.

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

Nope I have yet to try UVHM. That’s my question, I’m looking forward to get my character to level 72 from 50. (BTW how does the OP level stuff work?) I’m not too worried about the mission weapons. Should I touch the regular playthrough on UVHM and then play the DLC? And if so, what order should I play the DLC. And from level 50, what level would you normally reach after one run of UVHM?

It doesn’t matter what order as long as u play the Tiny Tina 1 last cause dats de best. I personally think the Mr.Torgue 1 is de worst, den Captain Scarlets and Sir Hammerlock’s ar tied 2nd.

1 Like

In UVHM, enemies will scale with you and are even sometimes 1 level or 2 higher. They also scale to the number of players in the game, meaning in multiplayer scenarios there are generally more enemies and you see more BA or UBA types. Also, enemies have more health and regenerate health. Being able to Slag a target is very important, since in UVHM Slagged targets take 3x damage. The OP levels require you to be level 72 before you can unlock them. Then, you run thru DigiStruct Peak from OP1 (Level 72) —> OP8 (Level 80). Your character’s level still reads 72 and you don’t get any additional health, but you are able to use more powerful equipment. See the Raid on Digistruct Peak wiki page for more detailed information.

If you aren’t worried about the better mission weapons being level 72, then it doesn’t really matter how you approach UVHM. But, holding off on playing any of the DLC for as long as you can is recommended. It is possible to get to level 72 without touching any DLC in UVHM, especially if you play online multiplayer and / or grind for EXP for a bit while playing solo. Personally, I like all of the 4 story DLC’s although the Sir Hammerlock DLC is my least favorite. However, it has some very good items such as the Rough Rider shield, the Interfacer shotgun, the Twister (Shock) shotgun, the Lead Storm Assault Rifle and the “good but not quite as good as the previous items” Yellow Jacket (Shock) SMG.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks! I guess I should just play the DLC in the order they were released

if you want others to play with, you can send me a friend req to teacup775.

keep in mind there is gear that is especially useful for each character in each dlc.

for example you can start tina’s enough to get to flame rock refuge. the seraph vendor there is tremendously useful, selling the antogonist shield (slag missiles on bullets, reflected damage) and florentine smg (slag and electro). torgue is very good for the torgue machines where you can buy a dpuh if you farm for it, along with various other torgue toys. you will find a (slag) moxi weapon helpful, because grenade + moxi equipped = dead enemies and full health. more flexible than transfusion grenades.

You will aided by serpah crystals and torgue tokens (best accumulated in bar room brawl). play these dlcs to completion in tvhm so you can farm the tokens and seraphs at tvhm. pete is drops an ok ammount and isn’t going to be hard to kill as your level rises. the dragons might be fun and they are a butt load of crystals.

then you can also start these dlcs in uvhm, b/c getting far enough to get to a torgue vending machine or flame rock is so early in the game you can enjoy higher level gear after leveling up. the advantage is, as you level your character the vendor gear is at level. pop back to tvhm to top up tokens and crystals, and buy gear if you find yourself under powered. you will also be able to level to 55 (?) in tvhm so you can get some leveling there. Gear will remain at 50 tho. be always careful not to get too much level over gear, cause enemies are at your level. you do not want to end up with weak gear!

having those three pieces of equipement will very much ease your passage to 72, and thru the op levels for almost all characters except gaige( its ok for her just not as much with anarchy).

You can only get Seraph Crystals from the various Raid Bosses in UVHM. You cannot get Seraph Crystals from the various Raid Bosses in TVHM or Normal Mode. You can, however, get Torgue Tokens and Eridium in TVHM and Normal Mode, in addition to UVHM. But yes, the Tier 3: Bar Room Blitz is the best place to farm Torgue Tokens.

well then i’m corrected. i seem to remember getting seraphs in tvhm tho. and i also seem to remember seraph vendors selling all gear at lvl 50 in tvhm.

It is possible to get some Seraph items as drops from Raid Bosses in TVHM or Normal Mode. It is also possible to purchase some items from Seraph vendors in several different modes. However, it is only possible to get Seraph Crystals as drops from Raid Bosses in UVHM. GBX probably thought it would be too easy to acquire Seraph Crystals if they were available in Normal Mode and TVHM.

Correct as far as the Raid Bosses, But you can get Seraph Crystals in NVHM and TVHM, “BUT ONLY from the ERIDIUM SLOTS in FLAMEROCK”, but when they hit the payout is only “3”, so it’s a very slow way to farm for them, I’ve hit several times while waiting for friends to get back from breaks.

op8 characters squash 72 raids. it could hardly be less challenging, in a bubble wrap fun wai. : )

I personally play main game only and then go through the DLC in TVHM and UVHM