Change Means of Destruction so the ammo portion is triggered only by grenade damage and the grenade portion is triggered only by gun damage (meaning all grenade damage and all gun damage, not splash damage from grenades and guns)
Change Vampyr so it heals you by a percentage of your grenade damage
Boom. With these changes:
- You can’t infinitely spam grenades without ever touching your weapon
- Vampyr is no longer OP with beam grenades and worthless with non-beam grenades
Beam grenades remain a useful tool for ammo regen, if your weapon benefits from it (mainly heavy weapons and the Flakker)See the edit
- Grenades in general remain a strong active sustain option and a key part of your loadout
- You’re not limited to the small handful of guns that do splash damage (though you’ll still prefer them because of Fire in the Skag Den and Torgue Cross-Promotion)
- The grenade build can be effectively balanced via hotfix
- Demolition Woman becomes viable to use while leveling because it no longer has strict requirements on a beam/MIRV grenade and a splash weapon
Basically, this would solve all the problems Moze’s pre-patch grenade builds had from a balance perspective without negatively affecting the playstyle (which IMO is really enjoyable) or forcing people to farm new pieces of gear because the ones they were using are now useless.
Edit: Thinking about it more, I think Means of Destruction can actually be improved even further such that it’s also not partial to things that proc it very rapidly like high fire rate weapons and beam grenades. Instead of a percent chance on damage to return a round to the clip or regenerate a grenade, dealing gun and grenade damage should give you buffs that provide static regeneration.
After dealing gun damage, Moze regenerates grenades for a few seconds. After dealing grenade damage, she regenerates ammo for a few seconds.
The buffs would be short, maybe 2 seconds, wouldn’t stack, and would give you maybe 2 ammo per second and 1 grenade every second. Definitely a flat amount for ammo rather than a percent of magazine size so it’s primarily useful for slow-firing weapons. But gearbox could tune the numbers however they want.