How to grow Battleborn

Quick reminder to everyone posting here - if you have a disagreement in game, if you want to argue and fight. Don’t do it here, it can either go in PM’s politely, or can be left off of these forums.

The Forum Rules exist for a number of reasons, one of which means keeping this place pleasant for all users. We don’t want people constantly having a go at each other over trivial things. If you can’t get along, choose to ignore someone and their posts, refuse to reply and just don’t read them if needs be.

It’s doesn’t take any effort, and it doesn’t hurt you to just skip over posts by people you don’t like.

4 Likes

Completely false. Most are just average skilled that think they are damm good because they can defeat pubs/premades that consist of average and below average skilled opponents. The moment a team of high skill players face them, they always receive a devastating defeat. Some are even below average skilled once they get out of their comfort zone of being in a premade. At least that’s on Xbox and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same on the other platforms. It’s a very typical case on competitive multiplayer games that consist of low player base.

1 Like

Battleborn by platforms xbone: most players, least competitive. Ps4 low player base, most competitive. PC dead with Dunk Squad.

Trust me most competitive players CAN and will hard carry given the chance. It’s not hard, even if they are solo. I played on monuments once, went 28 and 0, carrying scrubs (Alani was a low level riptide healer) and won because my stats were better than the enemy team’s. The premade groups on ps4 are a mix of some of the best players across all platforms.

I can name 5 players off the top of my head from ps4 that can be considered the best of the best hard carries

3 Likes

Vagrant, Nemo, Crow, Ash and Fluffy?

I could name more, but you said “5 off the top of my head”.

1 Like

As much as nemo is my friend, nope. Deande , yes. Thorn too.

Vagrant, Hell Yeah, haloblade, supernova and ether crow or ash

2 Likes

I don’t know if I agree with haloblade, but those are some of the others i had in mind, yeah.

1 Like

Most of the NA players on PC have quit. It is (let me quote) just a bunch of cabbages who still play here.

1 Like

Yea, I have hear the same so many times from PS4 players yet when I see multiple clips of their gameplay, they contained too many flaws that highly skilled players never do (unless they are extremely bored or purposely lowering their gameplay expertise). I’m sure there are a couple amazing players over in that platform just like in Xbox but your statement that typically 5 man are “damm good” is completely inaccurate.

Many say the same thing on Xbox yet their gameplay is way below of what their ego is telling them.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that as well…

2 Likes

Nobody is perfect, but comparing ps4 to xbone. I know during league that @Nemosis327 and @blainebrossart1 played their first games on Xbox league and nemo had like a triple kill in the first like minute as deande.

2 Likes

Is that something you would consider to be high skilled?

Unless you can name another Deande that has done that besides say Phoenix or Shadowshaven. Yes. Especially in a tournament dubbed competitive league.

2 Likes

Based on your response on my IM I can see the difference in criterias we have to consider someone highly skilled. Based on yours then most of the average skilled players on Xbox are highly skilled or damm good. That would make your statement accurate then. No more off topic posts coming from me.

No, I have been saying the exact opposite. I’ve been apart of the discussions with other ps4 high level players. The majority of ps4 players do not find the majority of/if not all of the Xbox community as not that good. Not my personal opinion, just stating what has been said in the past

2 Likes

@Garrus_Sniper @RayLightning

Who cares about which console is better. But you dragged my Deande into this and I care about that. I will defend my honour against the Xbox tyrants!

But seriously, don’t make me whip out my Lego club VIP membership on the two of you.

4 Likes

Hardest carries? Best console? Lol

What is going on in here

4 Likes

Hmmm. Yeah.

Either we get back to talking about the OP’s suggestion of helping new players find their feet, or this thread will be closed.

4 Likes

Please the former y’all.

2 Likes

Ikr? Jeebus on a moped.

2 Likes

Sorry for my part in it. To get back on topic, i just finished a match with low-level’s on both sides, aside from myself and two other good players. I went random, of COURSE got f*cking Boldur (second match with him), and tried to spare as many of them as possible and focus the minions. I still ended up getting 8 kills, unfortunetely (two on the good player), and didn’t kill as many minions as i would have liked, but i had 18 assists from walking away instead of chasing, and the Meltdown match ended up being 400/360 with ten or so minutes left to go. One low-level on each team unfortunetely got hammered pretty hard, but the others broke even or at least got a few kills in a close match.

I’m just hoping that they took away a positive experience from it, and that i didn’t inadvertently ruin the game for some new players despite my merciful intentions. I think that if more good players went random, didn’t chase, and surrendered the EXP to a low-level enemy team more (most of us are 150 already anyways…), that it would help Battleborn to retain more new players.

4 Likes