How to make Krieg fun?

What platform are you on? I might be able to help you with some random gear once you get to UVHM having just got my own Krieg to 72 on PS4 (was previously an Xbox player). I agree with @Gulfwulf about the Sickle COM, although maybe a Meat COM might help you stay alive until you get Release the Beast.

3 Likes

PC so gear isn’t a problem really, especially that i am pretty well stocked on my other characters.

3 Likes

well let us know if you want us to jump in.

2 Likes

Sorry but I just started this with Krieg and I couldn’t resist a screenshot

3 Likes

A Rage Meat is the best COM for leveling, though any variation of the Meat COM will do; Rage will just give you more bang for your buck as it were.

6 Likes

My most recent Krieg concentrated solely on Blood Bath ( with a Blister COM ) until I got him to mid-UVHM.
That was the most fun for me. Bloodsplosion is 100% OP in NVHM, so I played with it for a minute and unspec’d it until UVHM.
This was my bible :

6 Likes

It’s OP in any playthrough, save for the peak, I reckon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bloodsplosion and grenades. :acmaffirmative:

2 Likes

I would argue that Bloodlust is the easiest of the three up to lvl 30, albeit a very unpopular idea. In my opinion, early game difficulty comes from the lack of equipment or equipment with good stats — basically a very restricted DPS, in wich the Bloodlust tree will have a couple of solutions, namely: Blood-Filled Guns, Bloodbath, Nervous Blood and Blood Trance. Things change at lvl 31 though as you’re able to spec into Bloodsplosion and start breaking the game or Release the Beast, enabling you to get the bonuses from Mania for being damaged and actually survive.

3 Likes

I said start in mania. Namely, the health boost :wink:

1 Like

I’ve leveled up a couple Kriegs, the first one I concentrated on Bloodlust first, and the second one I went Mania first. (I tend to stay away from Hellborn unless I’m just dinking around.)

I had a better time with going Mania first. As has been said, once you get Release the Beast it’s all over and the real fun begins. :smiley: Thrill of the Kill is useful for survival until you get RtB, then spec out of it; it can work against you and screw up RtB timings. I don’t spec into Silence the Voices until I’ve gotten RtB and a Sickle com handy that boosts StV, then I go 5/5 plus whatever the COM boost is. Might as well get maximum return for that self-hit chance. :smiley: StV isn’t necessary in TVHM though, and the argument can be made that it’s not necessary until the OP levels. I still take it once I’m 31 and have the right COM though, no matter what mode I’m playing: I like maximum chop powah!

5 Likes

Thrill of the Kill is worth one point regardless of build though, to be fair :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I did just fine in a party of three without it until ~ OP 5 or so using a Leg. Reaper.

Nope. @Rumplebunny had it right:

Besides, RtB completely replenishes your health so you don’t need TotK.

2 Likes

UNLESS you have a mainly gun/explosions build. Then throw a point in TotK.

3 Likes

I would also add to this how little health you get early in the game from damage-based healing (non-grog weapons included), if I recall correctly at lvl30~40 a leveled overkill only yields a sliver of health back. The health vs damage scaling is the reason why I only would spec into Hellborn after reaching UVHM.

1 Like

I’ll chime in with another “StV is not necessary at all” vote. And since that pushes my Mania/Bloodlust build towards the latter, Thrill of the Kill is his primary healing with RtB as an emergency heal. Works well for me.

If getting to OP8 (which isn’t really on his to-do list - he’s OP1) requires StV, that means he won’t get to OP8. I despise that skill and will never spec it again.

4 Likes

This might be a little controversial, but you know what else I feel makes Krieg fun? Light the Fuse. :slight_smile: I refuse to believe Krieg would take a knee when hurt enough; he’s just gonna get more pissed off and start chucking dynamite around. :smiley:

In my experience though, it can be really spotty in TVHM. It works OK in normal, but LtF doesn’t appear to get any buffs to compensate for the double-strength enemies that inhabit TVHM. But it DOES appear to get a buff in UVHM to compensate for its enemies because it seems to work just great there (unless your only target is, say, a full-health UBA Loader, then you’re kinda SOL heh.) I have no scientific evidence on this, just what seems to appear to be in my playthroughs. :slight_smile: But, I also tend to use an explosive relic with Krieg 99.999999% of the time, so that’s a factor.

2 Likes

Oh yes it gets a tremendous buff in UVHM. About 800%? That’s according to the wiki though. Anyway it’s a lot!

And I love it too, great skill. Actually one of the major things that persuaded me to buy Krieg.

1 Like

I just wish hellfire halitosis looked more like the firelords than zuko’s…

How to make Krieg fun, basically let’s all agree, in order to make him fun, you select him as your vault hunter and play the game. He’s just pure fun.

6 Likes